Whats everyone think of Ovechkin's visor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
As an opponent, I'd like to see his eyes to know where he's looking. It looks pretty sweet and all, but I'd say it's an unfair advantage to completely hide your eyes from your opponents.

Burberry Manning

Feb 27, 2002
Summit NJ-The Elite
Visit site
I dont like Ovechkin at all but that visor is pretty hot. It makes him stand out and thats what I would want if it were me out there playing. Alot of guys in the NFL have those reflective visors too and they look rugged as hell with them. Sean Taylor had one last year at Miami and you couldnt take your eyes off him during the game......it definately adds a little flair to someone's look.

Evman*

ndhockey21 said:
That visor looks gay. He should get his head pounded into the ice for wearing that.

Totally agree.

Just looks really stupid.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Tacky

I hate that reflective visor. To some it looks cool but to me, it looks tacky. It is as tacky as Puff Daddy's jewelry.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Seperatory Funnel said:
Sidney Crosby needs to respond with a reflective full face shield.

That'd be interesting, for intimidation purposes. Everytime an opponent stared at him they would only see a reflection of themselves. Talk about being your own worst enemy.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
I like the look, but it makes it seem too much like he thinks he's a superstar (which he is, but I like modesty).

EDIT: Then again, he's not that good looking, so it's not just a bad thing.

Last edited:

AgentNaslund*

If you come to a point were fans are b!tching about hockey visor there is something real wrong. His visor is fine. It will not change the way he plays. When I Play hockey I wear a Blue Oakley visor. I play the game, and I do not give a damn if another player complains about it.

DRL

Mar 2, 2003
Brampton, Ontario
MOGiLNY said:

the first one in that pic is it i believe,

i remember playing shinny bout 3 months ago and one of the guys there had it on, it defiantely looks badass, u couldnt see his eyes or anything so i'd imagine it be tough playing him one-on-one, and i pretty sure it different from the one fedorov and hossa wear, theirs are just tinted, this visors are like the air pilots where what they are looking at reflects like a mirror.

DRL

Mar 2, 2003
Brampton, Ontario
AgentNaslund said:
If you come to a point were fans are b!tching about hockey visor there is something real wrong. His visor is fine. It will not change the way he plays. When I Play hockey I wear a Blue Oakley visor. I play the game, and I do not give a damn if another player complains about it.

what advatanges do the blue visors give?

i personally did not like the yellow tinted visor, i couldnt imagine playing hockey seeing everything as yellow including the ice, i found the yellow visor very distracting, with the blue visor do u see everything with a blue tint or is that just the outside?

DRL

Mar 2, 2003
Brampton, Ontario
wilka91 said:
Jeez, I want his visor! :cry:

russia_ovechkin_81459.jpg

http://www.frasersports.com/itechvisors.html

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
DRL said:
the first one in that pic is it i believe,

i remember playing shinny bout 3 months ago and one of the guys there had it on, it defiantely looks badass, u couldnt see his eyes or anything so i'd imagine it be tough playing him one-on-one, and i pretty sure it different from the one fedorov and hossa wear, theirs are just tinted, this visors are like the air pilots where what they are looking at reflects like a mirror.

heh it does look kinda cool from this angle

http://images.sportsline.com/u/gettyimages/photos/51880736JV005_Rus_USA010300_1024x768.jpg

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
DRL said:
what advatanges do the blue visors give?

i personally did not like the yellow tinted visor, i couldnt imagine playing hockey seeing everything as yellow including the ice, i found the yellow visor very distracting, with the blue visor do u see everything with a blue tint or is that just the outside?

If the yellow works anything like yellow ski goggles do, then I can totally understand why a player would use it.

i wonder if he uses it in his poker games to

"And here's Ovechkin all-in with suited Big Slick, Crosby calls him with a pair of ladies, looks like a coin-flip situation..."

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
There is so much bias in the NHL against visors, particularly North American players, due to the association with "soft" play. Interesting to see a counterweight to this type of thinking: behold the cool-looking visor. Perhaps this generation of young players will play out their careers without an accident's like Al MacInnis' or Bryan Berard's. If they can just adopt a boxer-type mouth guard to go with the half-visor, we might cut down on facial trauma-induced concussions as well.

Edit: there are a lot of analogies with Jacques Plante and his original goalie mask. He was probably derided as soft when he first used it, but perhaps all it takes is a few dominant players to change the thinking of up-and-coming players over time. Unfortunately, with current North American NHLers, it might take another eye-injury to a player widely perceived as tough to change their mindset.

Last edited:

Steve L*

Jan 13, 2003
Southampton, England
Visit site
Am I the only one who thinks he wears it so he can eye up women in the crowd without pissing off his coach? ;)

Sure it looks cool but it does have a practicle purpose, defencemen can see his eyes so they would have trouble anticipating a pass by trying to see where he is looking.

Same with goalies, if hes coming in on a 2 on 1, how the the goalie know what hes going to so when he could be looking to pass to his teammate or looking at the goal the whole time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad