Status
Not open for further replies.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Yeah it was my first guitar.

I’m totally biased but I still think this is #1:

Never thought I’d get into a discussion about ska on this board. I grew up in Jersey in the 90s and we had an awesome DIY ska punk scene going. I played bass in several bands and boy was that a fun time to be a bassist.

Keasbey Nights definitely encapsulates that era. It’s an entirely different category than traditional ska though. I remember seeing those guys play the cafeteria at a high school one town over from me. I am pretty sure their school band teacher played one of the horns in the band. They were such a talented group.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I discovered a band that I love immediately. Silversun Pickups.

Their style is refreshing
I only know one song by them but I've always loved it: "All The Go Inbetweens." It's old, I think it was off their first EP. I remember listening to it while I was [sober] off my ass standing at shoreline of a small lake, on literally the windiest day ever. :laugh:

My recent jim-jams... You know, I have a theory that the year 1994 was the absolute peak of human civilzation. I've yet to be convinced otherwise.

Edit: did they get rid of the goddamn Collapse tags?

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
You guys need some Social Distortion, Live at the Roxy. Could listen to it from start to finish forever.

Then if you're feeling rowdy, the Transplants.

Reactions: eco's bones

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Record store day ! Support your local Indie record store !

I picked up the new Jeff Tweedy, WARMER, his 2nd solo album in the last 6 months after releasing WARM last Fall.

Also grabbed some under $5 vinyls from Jeff Beck, Rod Stewart, Rodney Dangerfield, and "Bound For Glory" soundtrack(Woody Guthrie).

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
There used to be one in New Brunswick, where REM was a lot. One of the best is in the East Village. Fantastic vinyl collection.

Vintage Vinyl in Ford's, NJ and Bleeker Bob's in the Village. Sadly Bob's closed not too long ago.

Princeton record exchange is a great place I've been going to for over 30 years.

Go during hockey season. Catch a women's game at Baker rink in the afternoon, buy some records at PRE, eat an amazing cheesesteak at Hoagie Haven, followed by a few beers at Triumph Brewing Co., then back to Baker for the men's game. That was my routine for many years :nod:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->