Steak and potatoes

bHpD3DR.jpg

UoAZYbE.jpg

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Baked potatoes with sour cream, shredded cheese, chives, and sautéed mushrooms. No bacon bits, trying a meat-less diet for a few days.

And damn it @Surrounded By Ahos now I want steak too :laugh:

I once tried to go meat less for several hours. It was horrible. I don’t recommend.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
One time I had pizza at the airport in the Dominican Republic. I got Montezuma's revenge or some shot. Had yo go to the bathroom 30 times before arriving in Raleigh. I did not walk right for 3 days. Hurt to sit down too. Never eat food at the airport in DR.

True story.

Reactions: HisIceness

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I once tried to go meat less for several hours. It was horrible. I don’t recommend.

72 hours and counting now, no turning back. Don't know how long I can do it but damn it I'm trying as hard as the Canes try to shoot themselves in the foot in important late-season games!

One time I had pizza at the airport in the Dominican Republic. I got Montezuma's revenge or some shot. Had yo go to the bathroom 30 times before arriving in Raleigh. I did not walk right for 3 days. Hurt to sit down too. Never eat food at the airport in DR.

True story.

:eek:

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
So I just bought a Kamado this week and I am looking to try it out this weekend. Any suggestions? I'm not ready for brisket yet, as I am a rookie to this whole thing, but I am looking for a recipe for something that needs time and heat.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
So I just bought a Kamado this week and I am looking to try it out this weekend. Any suggestions? I'm not ready for brisket yet, as I am a rookie to this whole thing, but I am looking for a recipe for something that needs time and heat.

For your first one, I'd try one of the following:

Pork shoulder / Boston Butt is the easiest thing you can smoke. Almost foolproof, but will take 12-16 hours (ish). There are tons of good recipes on the web as the rub and the sauce are a personal choice so I won't offer one.

Beer Can chicken is also delicious on a ceramic grill as it comes out perfect. Takes about an hour.

A Standing Rib Roast..takes a couple of hours.

I would give you a recipe for the last two, but I just google them.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Fried chicken sandwich, with bacon, tomato and a homemade pimento cheese spread, little touch of hot sauce.

if I had my way it would have waffles instead of a bun, but it's really good. I was like ewww no on the pimento cheese but then again I guess I'd never had it freshly made. It makes the sandwich.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Today I tried caviar for the first time ever. Saw a jar at Marshalls for $5 and decided to go for it. Served it with radish and goat cheese on crackers, with cheap ass Cava.

I like it. That's probably a dangerous thing.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Stromboli. Have you ever had the Screamin Sicilian stromboli? Yeah, I know, frozen food, but if you cook it in the oven, it's really damn good.

Plus, I bought it at the hippy-dippy health food grocery store so it can't be all that bad.

screamin_stromboli-pep.png

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad