OT: Whatcha Eatin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I bet that is the first time that sentence has ever been written or uttered. :laugh:

Well, not true, because about an hour before I typed it, my mom told me, "Make sure you're here for dinner, we're having fried alligator tail with a kumquat marmalade dipping sauce, fresh yeast rolls and a ceasar salad."

Mom's kumquat marmalade is the ****

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I'm on the fence with kumquats. On one hand, I do kinda really like them, but they're just so.... alien? They're like bitter sour orange grapes and you have to chew the rind for forever. I'm not actually 100% sure what it is about them that I actually like now that I stop to think about it.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I'm on the fence with kumquats. On one hand, I do kinda really like them, but they're just so.... alien? They're like bitter sour orange grapes and you have to chew the rind for forever. I'm not actually 100% sure what it is about them that I actually like now that I stop to think about it.

I don't much care for them raw. Cooked, they are fantastic. All jokes aside my mom is somewhat regionally famous for her kumquat marmalades and cobblers. They have two acres of kumquat, satsuma and persimmon trees, this time of year, you can smell them a mile away. We actually plan family vacations back there this time of year for it.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Biscuits and Gravy at Hardee's.

We don't have Bojangles in Indiana, so they are the best place to get a decent biscuit.

There's a place on Broadripple Ave. called (incidentally) "Biscuits" that very well lives up to its name. I suggest you check it out.

if you're just looking for a drive-through fix, Popeyes biscuits are pretty damn good too. Small though. You need 2-3 of them.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Had a big ol steak this evening

I think chuck eye steak must be just about the best cut of meat you can buy in terms of value. It's half the price of ribeye with almost exactly the same flavor profile. Cook at a stupid high temp for 3-4 minutes on each side and you're done. My stomach is happy for the night.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Had a big ol steak this evening

I think chuck eye steak must be just about the best cut of meat you can buy in terms of value. It's half the price of ribeye with almost exactly the same flavor profile. Cook at a stupid high temp for 3-4 minutes on each side and you're done. My stomach is happy for the night.

We used to be able to get Denver steaks at our local Food Lion. Bunch of marbling, super tasty, super cheap. No one bought them either so you could get them at a discount most times. I used to work in the meat department and part of my closing duties was marking items down. Definitely got ribeyes and porterhouses for super cheap a couplefew times

Reactions: Unsustainable

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
IMG_1040.JPG

I will be cooking and eating this monster tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad