What would you rather have happen?

Discussion in 'The Business of Hockey' started by sidelines, Jan 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidelines

sidelines Guest

Just curious to see what everyone would be willing to sacrifice. What is your stance?

2. Motown Beatdown

Motown Beatdown Need a slump buster

Home Page:
    I want a deal neither side like, which is probably middle ground between the two sides offers. Yeah it's call a compromise. Something neither side is doing. BOTH sides are acting like a couple of spoiled brats.

3. Charge_Seven

Charge_Seven Registered User

I want hockey. I'm pro-NHLPA all the way, however no matter what the deal is, I just want hockey. All this cr*p about fixing the league is just rhetoric in my oppinion. The owners don't want to fix anything, they want to make money. If the owners can't negotiate a cap (which I know they will, so don't attack me for this) all they've got to do is curb spending. Personally I don't think half the owners care about success, unless it's just their wallets success. The athletes just want to be treated like athletes. Maybe the league should work on a real TV deal before deciding a cap is a must.

4. Motown Beatdown

Motown Beatdown Need a slump buster

Home Page:

But thats the problem Greg, the owners cant control themselves and need the players to accept a system to do that for them. It's as simple as that.

5. FLYLine27*

FLYLine27* BUCH

PO
    Im very pro-player but I WANT MY HOCKEY BACK!! Any deal is A-OK in my books right now.

6. Leafer4Life

Leafer4Life Go Leafs Go!

Office Worker
    Home Page:
    I want the NHL back, no matter what the deal is. I'm sick of this awful lockout. At this point, I'm ticked off at both the NHL AND NHLPA! Just hurry up already and get a deal done!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

7. Prof_it

Prof_it Registered User

While i'd love to see the best players in the world again, at this point i've had enough...cancel the season. Salary cap, luxury tax, tv deals, expansion, billionaire owners, millionaire players...I don't care, i've always followed the NHL because of the game. I'm tired of the finger pointing and the rhetoric. Life does go on without the NHL. As a hockey fan, i'll find other means to enjoy the game, whether that's junior, college, minors, or the 14 year olds at my local rink. I miss the rivalries and the anticipation for the next big game, and i'll certainly miss the playoffs, but the NHL certainly isn't the only way for me to enjoy the sport.

8. Charge_Seven

Charge_Seven Registered User

I disagree. If the owners can't control themselves, then maybe it's time for new owners, not a new system. Every other business gets rid of executives when they do a terrible job--why can't the NHL?

9. jratelle19

jratelle19 Registered User

Graphics designer, part-t
    I want hockey back and I want it back NOW!!!

If this season is officially cancelled, I am through with the NHL!! They will have seen the last of my money. I don't want to hear "well we agreed on a deal and will restart in October" blah blah blah! No f***ing way!! Start up this season or lose me forever!! A gigantic F U to the players and owners!!!!!!!!! :mad: :madfire:

10. Leafer4Life

Leafer4Life Go Leafs Go!

Office Worker
    Home Page:
    I feel your pain, but if the owners and the players agreed on a deal, it would be to save this season, so they would most likely start playing at the beginning of February. Unless of course, they cancelled this season, and came to a deal after that. Just surmising........... :dunno:

11. I think the owners should make a FINAL proposal.. Make it the best offer that they can think of.. And if the players don't accept that.. Then.. cancel the NHL for as long as you have to, as long as the dumb ***** players association come to their senses. The players should accept the best proposal possible.

12. Accord

Accord Registered User

I want the players to take the best deal offered to them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.