What would you rather have happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
I want a deal neither side like, which is probably middle ground between the two sides offers. Yeah it's call a compromise. Something neither side is doing. BOTH sides are acting like a couple of spoiled brats.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
I want hockey. I'm pro-NHLPA all the way, however no matter what the deal is, I just want hockey. All this cr*p about fixing the league is just rhetoric in my oppinion. The owners don't want to fix anything, they want to make money. If the owners can't negotiate a cap (which I know they will, so don't attack me for this) all they've got to do is curb spending. Personally I don't think half the owners care about success, unless it's just their wallets success. The athletes just want to be treated like athletes. Maybe the league should work on a real TV deal before deciding a cap is a must.

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
GregStack said:
I want hockey. I'm pro-NHLPA all the way, however no matter what the deal is, I just want hockey. All this cr*p about fixing the league is just rhetoric in my oppinion. The owners don't want to fix anything, they want to make money. If the owners can't negotiate a cap (which I know they will, so don't attack me for this) all they've got to do is curb spending. Personally I don't think half the owners care about success, unless it's just their wallets success. The athletes just want to be treated like athletes. Maybe the league should work on a real TV deal before deciding a cap is a must.

But thats the problem Greg, the owners cant control themselves and need the players to accept a system to do that for them. It's as simple as that.

Prof_it

Sep 2, 2004
While i'd love to see the best players in the world again, at this point i've had enough...cancel the season. Salary cap, luxury tax, tv deals, expansion, billionaire owners, millionaire players...I don't care, i've always followed the NHL because of the game. I'm tired of the finger pointing and the rhetoric. Life does go on without the NHL. As a hockey fan, i'll find other means to enjoy the game, whether that's junior, college, minors, or the 14 year olds at my local rink. I miss the rivalries and the anticipation for the next big game, and i'll certainly miss the playoffs, but the NHL certainly isn't the only way for me to enjoy the sport.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
JWI19 said:
But thats the problem Greg, the owners cant control themselves and need the players to accept a system to do that for them. It's as simple as that.

I disagree. If the owners can't control themselves, then maybe it's time for new owners, not a new system. Every other business gets rid of executives when they do a terrible job--why can't the NHL?

jratelle19

Jul 3, 2004
New York
I want hockey back and I want it back NOW!!!

If this season is officially cancelled, I am through with the NHL!! They will have seen the last of my money. I don't want to hear "well we agreed on a deal and will restart in October" blah blah blah! No f***ing way!! Start up this season or lose me forever!! A gigantic F U to the players and owners!!!!!!!!! :mad: :madfire:

Leafer4Life

Go Leafs Go!
Oct 4, 2002
Owen Sound,Ontario
www.facebook.com
jratelle19 said:
I want hockey back and I want it back NOW!!!

If this season is officially cancelled, I am through with the NHL!! They will have seen the last of my money. I don't want to hear "well we agreed on a deal and will restart in October" blah blah blah! No f***ing way!! Start up this season or lose me forever!! A gigantic F U to the players and owners!!!!!!!!! :mad: :madfire:

I feel your pain, but if the owners and the players agreed on a deal, it would be to save this season, so they would most likely start playing at the beginning of February. Unless of course, they cancelled this season, and came to a deal after that. Just surmising........... :dunno:

two out of three*

I think the owners should make a FINAL proposal.. Make it the best offer that they can think of.. And if the players don't accept that.. Then.. cancel the NHL for as long as you have to, as long as the dumb ***** players association come to their senses. The players should accept the best proposal possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->