What would you do for Crosby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spetzky

Jul 31, 2004
Edmonton
Your Favorite Team has the 20th pick (Imagine that)
What players or picks from your team would you trade for the 1st Overall pick? (Be Fair)

eg:
OTTAWA:
1st Round 2005
2nd Round 2005
3rd Round 2005
1 Round 2006

TEAM X:
1st Overall

gretzky1545

Jun 8, 2004
Spetzky said:
Your Favorite Team has the 20th pick (Imagine that)
What players or picks from your team would you trade for the 1st Overall pick? (Be Fair)

eg:
OTTAWA:
1st Round 2005
2nd Round 2005
3rd Round 2005
1 Round 2006

TEAM X:
1st Overall

i hope that wasn't meant to be a reasonable example.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
depends what team u are
for example if you were Ottawa, the team with the 1st overall would be looking for any of Spezza.

I'll take the role of my favorite team the Edmonton Oilers, the oilers will most likely finish with their draft pick being around 17th.
I would give
1st Rounder - 17th overall
2nd Rounder - 47th overall
Robbie Schremp
Ales Hemsky
Jesse Niinimaki
Raffi Torres
for
Crosby

ndhockey21

Aug 1, 2004
North Dakota
i declare my fav team shouldnt get crosby it wouldnt be fairl the avs dont deserve him. and i like the wild but they arent his style. i really want him to go to a team that is building. The Phoenix Coyotes. You heard it here first. The Coyotes will try everything in their power to get him.

Unknownbutfamous

Apr 11, 2004
For NYR ( we are going to finish in the bottom five so lests use 5 for an example)

This would be my max offer:

5 Overall
Jessiman
Prucha
Immonen
Dawes
3 2nd Round Picks(NYR, PHI, TOR)

TKLOOCH22

Jul 23, 2002
Nueva York
Visit site
Unknownbutfamous said:
For NYR ( we are going to finish in the bottom five so lests use 5 for an example)

5 Overall
Jessiman
Prucha
Immonen
Dawes

Crosby is a potential cornerstone, franchise superstar...but the Rangers can't afford to deplete the depth they've tried so hard to acquire. (We all no Sather is not patient to keep his thoughts on doing this another time). I'd keep the fifth, all of those prospects( I'd say atleast 2 of the 4 players will be solid NHL'ers), and three picks in a deep draft. With the 5th there is a shot at Johnson, Bertram, Cogliano, Kindl or Setoguchi.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
sveiglar said:
Jiri Bicek and a 5th.
Are you crazy, Bicek is a proven NHL player who has seen playoff ice time. Do you really think we would be doing a good hockey move by trading him for some kid who hasn't played pro hockey yet.

TKLOOCH22

Jul 23, 2002
Nueva York
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
Are you crazy, Bicek is a proven NHL player who has seen playoff ice time. Do you really think we would be doing a good hockey move by trading him for some kid who hasn't played pro hockey yet.

This isnt serious is it? You would basically be getting the first overall pick. Bicek and a 5th isnt even enough for a 2nd-3rd round pick, let alone the number one. So all of the GM's that have made trades for a pick and gave up a player, they've made bad deals?

Unknownbutfamous

Apr 11, 2004
TKLOOCH22 said:
Crosby is a potential cornerstone, franchise superstar...but the Rangers can't afford to deplete the depth they've tried so hard to acquire. (We all no Sather is not patient to keep his thoughts on doing this another time). I'd keep the fifth, all of those prospects( I'd say atleast 2 of the 4 players will be solid NHL'ers), and three picks in a deep draft. With the 5th there is a shot at Johnson, Bertram, Cogliano, Kindl or Setoguchi.

This is an offer of what it would take to get Crosby. The Rangers have a great shot at landing the #1 anyway. :)

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Unknownbutfamous said:

5 Overall
Jessiman
Prucha
Immonen
Dawes

that is way way way too much just to move up 4 spots...i really want to land crosby but there will be a good player at #4...

everyone is suggesting deals similar to the lindros to philly deal but there will never be a deal like that again

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
TKLOOCH22 said:
This isnt serious is it? You would basically be getting the first overall pick. Bicek and a 5th isnt even enough for a 2nd-3rd round pick, let alone the number one. So all of the GM's that have made trades for a pick and gave up a player, they've made bad deals?

it was sarcastic, just like offering bicek and a 5th rounder was sarcastic

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
TKLOOCH22 said:

Ok ok... Bicek and a 4th.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
What would I do for Sydney Crosby? Probably ask him how he's doing, wish him luck and maybe even ask for an autograph.

:D

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
Just to clear the air, Bicek and a pick was sarcasm. If I were serious I'd have offered Erik Rasmussen, straight up.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I would offer Tarkir, Spencer, Brooks, Glover, 9th 2009, 8th 2008, Ahosilta and Littlejohn to get Crosby and a 2nd round pick. Quantity over Quality baby!!!!!!!!

thrashers=cup05

May 27, 2004
Kovalchuk and Heatly
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not really, but it would be great to have him

Crosby to heatly heatly to kovalchuk, kovalcuck scores. :bow:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad