Value of: What would be the value of Wings forward Luke Glendening?

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
My realistic guess is probably a 2nd, maybe a 3rd. I think he is a guy that is going to interest a lot of teams, because the Wings could retain and he could fit basically any cap structure. He's sort of your perfect 4th line center, gritty, good shutdown guy if not paired with the wings void defense, and great on faceoffs. I think whichever team gets him, is going to be very happy with him come the playoffs.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
He's a guy I'd like to have centering the Pens' 4th line. I just don't think I'd like the price it would cost to acquire him unless Detroit's willing to take a mid round pick and a cap dump like Jankowski or Sceviour.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I'd probably start negotiations at Glendening + VGK 4th '22 for a team's 1st '21 (assuming this pick will be in the 25-32 range overall) and if they are turned off at moving a 1st for a 4th line rental player then try to get a 2nd for Glendening straight across, or move into the mid prospect value range, or maybe project prospect + 3rd, etc.

I really hope Yzerman re-signs him in the offseason because he is a great guy to have in your bottom 6/ 4th line and I think he is well liked in the dressing room based on what info the fans have access to.

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
Backhand Luke is gonna help any team he winds up on, his faceoff numbers are consistently great and he's one of those guys who works their ass off every shift and wears the A on his jersey for good reason. After a loss, or even a bad loss, you don't really hear people say "man Glendening had a bad game." I think he'd be worth a 2nd, or a decent prospect and a later pick.

Reactions: mantha39

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
It's impressive how great Glendenning is at faceoffs while being so bad at everything else. His poor play will cost games in the playoffs and I hope that's not with the Panthers.
I'd assume Detroit get a 3rd+b propect.

Reactions: banks

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Im hoping a few teams go after him and we land a 2nd , id have said a 3rd but maybe a team whos more cup win trys to outbid another team and has to throw in a late 2nd?

Realistically a 3rd but hopeful for a 2nd

Reactions: banks

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
If the Pens get healthy, by which I mean Zucker, McCann and all the depth D, then our only hole is at 4C. I'd move a 2nd to shore that up and make a run at it if the team is still clicking like this at the deadline.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
late 2nd . wings retain 50% of 1.8 , expiring contract . a bad expiring contract / cap dump comes along with the pic . depending on size of cap hit maybe something has to be added to the 2nd , another pic or a prospect ...

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Late 2nd would be great. Glenny gets a lot of hate for being a grinder but you'll love him in the playoffs and he'd look good on a team with some actual depth so he can play his role. Could also package him with Bernier or Bobby Ryan and try to get something a little more valuable.

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
I'd bet Detroit could take an expiring contract back for cap reasons. So that would add value for the other team. Lots of teams would have a hard time adding a player, otherwise.

I wouldn't be shocked if he landed a 2nd. That's not unheard of for a 4th line C whose good at his job. But I think a 3rd is more fair. I've just never been a fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad