What Winger Duo here is the best?

What Canadian Winger Duo is the best here?

• Total voters

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
These options seem odd. Draisaitl is a center (despite playing wing at times).

Based on this list though, Marner and Nylander.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Leafs Duo, pretty easily for me. But feel you screwed over a few teams here. If Jets had Ehlers + Laine for example, it would be them.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Leafs duo easily given the scenario.

All the other pairs have a significantly weaker second option than Nylander.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Yeah sorry I haven’t had wifi, I chose young players with a decent amount of points, I thought it would be unfair to add Gaudreau or Laine due to this(although I did add Draisaitl because there’s a drop off after him on the Oilers Wing though Pulju had major upside).

What does this mean, unfair ?
the OP trying to explain his logic for picking wingers. Obviously other than the Leafs, the choices on the other teams could be better.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Leafs, but OP designed the poll in their favour by leaving out players on other teams that would make the poll actually worthwhile.

Reactions: King Karlsson

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
LMFAO!!! Connor and Ehlers? I thought it was Laine and Ehlers as well as Connor and Wheeler.

Although, I have seen Connor and Ehlers play and Connor scored his first NHL goal, they looked pretty damn awesome together.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
this should be ehlers + laine and it would be them 100%

^^ This is the correct answer. Draisaitl is a center (at least this is what Oilers fans say). Laine left off but Drai included as a winger skews this whole poll badly

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
^^ This is the correct answer. Draisaitl is a center (at least this is what Oilers fans say). Laine left off but Drai included as a winger skews this whole poll badly

Again this poll isn’t the best duo in the league, it’s just the best of the ones that I have mentioned... Gaudreau is the Elite of the Elite at Winger so you could player him with anyone and he would win and Laine + Ehlers would be the most skilled depth in the poll so I thought I wouldn’t make it a two horse race, Draisaitl is also a C/W but I added him because the Oilers have a severe weakness at Wing when he’s not playing it so I thought I’d try and even it out...

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
Again this poll isn’t the best duo in the league, it’s just the best of the ones that I have mentioned... Gaudreau is the Elite of the Elite at Winger so you could player him with anyone and he would win and Laine + Ehlers would be the most skilled depth in the poll so I thought I wouldn’t make it a two horse race, Draisaitl is also a C/W but I added him because the Oilers have a severe weakness at Wing when he’s not playing it so I thought I’d try and even it out...
Yet you chose Leafs two best wingers?

You must understand why people are questioning this poll..

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

I don't get the point of even having a poll here then.... its called "best winger duo, but then you decided to handicap some teams (Flames/Sens/Jets) and give others a bonus (Oilers/Leafs). If a team has wingers that are so bad you think you need to add a center instead, did they really need to be included a "best wingers" poll? Once you've disallowed all of the best wingers and added some centers, it's not a "best of" anything, let alone best wingers

Yet you chose Leafs two best wingers?

You must understand why people are questioning this poll..

As with most polls here, you can tell how they want you to vote based on the parameters they set when asking the question and the options they give you. In this case it seems like yet another way to show "look how good the leafs are " *yawn*

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
The correct answer is Laine and Ehlers. Not sure why the poll omitted one of the NHL's best young wingers in the game.

No duo has 17 goals a piece for 34 in total this early in the season.

But had Laine been added, I guess it would be 100% in the Jets favour to unbiased fans thus why ask?

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Yeah sorry I haven’t had wifi, I chose young players with a decent amount of points, I thought it would be unfair to add Gaudreau or Laine due to this(although I did add Draisaitl because there’s a drop off after him on the Oilers Wing though Pulju had major upside).

So you asked for the best duo but didn't include the best players.... gotcha.

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Forgetting the awful poll options (if there was more context maybe..)

Id take Winnipeg or Calgary’s winger combo (Laine+Ehler or Gaudreau+Tkachuk)

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
So you asked for the best duo but didn't include the best players.... gotcha.

I’m a Jets fan, I just didn’t add Laine because I wanted a more balanced poll... simple enough, I still don’t get why people are freaking out because I supposedly made a poll about what Winger duo is the best... Sorry to break it to you but I didn’t make the poll for that I made it to see what people think of the players I added in the duo’s.

Thread Title:

“What Winger Duo here is the best?”

I obviously put “here” to mean out of the players I chose(because I didn’t want the Flames and Jets to slaughter the poll)...

Sorry but context matters, but if your really that angry about the players I added you can go make your own poll with who ever you please(and that really god for anyone who is complaining about the options).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->