What unknown prospect will your team draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafaholix*

I want to know what no-name prospect your team will select after day 1 (round 4-9), look up the final rankings on NHL.com if you need any help.

We'll see if you guess right after the draft.

Take 3 shots at it.

Last edited by a moderator:

leafaholix*

Toronto: Peter Olvecky (W), Justin Keller (W), Dan Turple (G)

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Leafaholix said:
Every year your team picks a couple guys you haven't heard much about... for example, last year the Leafs drafted Shaun Landolt... I didn't have a clue who the hell he was.

Anyways... I want to know what unknown (to you) prospect your team will select after day 1 (round 1-3), look up the final rankings on NHL.com if you need any help.

Take 3 shots at it.

You're a leafs fan, right?

leafaholix*

Epsilon said:
Isn't this thread somewhat self-contradictory?
You look at CSS lists... look up position, size, team/country, and make a selection of who you think your team's going to select. Hopefully we don't get any "AJ THELEN!" or "CAM BARKER!" selections.

I should change the desciption of the thread... it is somewhat contradictory, yes.

Prucha73

Leafaholix said:
I want to know what no-name prospect your team will select after day 1 (round 2-9), look up the final rankings on NHL.com if you need any help.

Take 3 shots at it.

Doesn't round 2 happen on the 1st day?

capn89*

I want to be the Kurt Warener of hockey, get drafted off the street, lead a team to the cup :joker:

we're all aloud to dream... even if there's a better chance of aliens abducting GW Bush. ;)

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Detroit (or HÃ¥kan Andersson), will certainly select one (or a couple) of the following IMO :)
Alexander Edler, D
Anton Strålman, D
Johan Ryno, F

All three are basically unknown, have not played with the national team, have all played in the 3rd-tier league (and done it really well). I would almost be surprised if Andersson does not make sure at least one of these gets picked :)

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Phoenix doesnt have a 4th but I'll take a shot in the dark anyway:

Michal Birner LW
Alex Goligoski D
Matt Jones RW

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
capn89 said:
we're all aloud to dream... even if there's a better chance of aliens abducting GW Bush. ;)

There's virtually no chance of Bush being abducted by aliens, since he's already a part of their longterm breeding-and-infiltration program, isn't he? Or wait... no... the aliens must have better technology than that... :dunno: But then, who knows how aliens think?

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Mark Mancari for the Senators. They've seen Colbert play a lot this year, and I'm sure they've been impressed with not only Colbert but Mancari.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Hossa said:
Mark Mancari for the Senators. They've seen Colbert play a lot this year, and I'm sure they've been impressed with not only Colbert but Mancari.

I like Mancari, he's a little slow with his foot speed, but is big and has a nice shot. The problem I have is that every time I saw him he did well but it was always while playing on Locke's wing. I didn't understand why Bickell was ranked so high and Mancari never gets talked about. Although I never saw any of the games where Mancari played defense, I assume he didn't play defense too often as he put up solid numbers this year over last year.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
HABS456 said:
I would be happy if Montreal draft Kevin Mailhiot

Tough call there, as he would be an interesting pick but he's had a few concussions, which has to scare away many gms. Don't know if I would take a risk on him or not it's hard to say without knowing more about his medical status and just how serious these head injuries have been.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
I'd like to see the Ducks pick up Jason Churchill
They need goaltender depth in junior and the like, and are familiar with the Mooseheads organization. I personally like Churchill and think he has some potential.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
montreal said:
I like Mancari, he's a little slow with his foot speed, but is big and has a nice shot. The problem I have is that every time I saw him he did well but it was always while playing on Locke's wing. I didn't understand why Bickell was ranked so high and Mancari never gets talked about. Although I never saw any of the games where Mancari played defense, I assume he didn't play defense too often as he put up solid numbers this year over last year.

Well, Mancari played the latter half of the year with Locke, but it wasn't exclusive the way Foy and Locke were. They weren't going steady so to speak. :lol

Mancari's not fast, that's for sure. But he's also not painfully slow. He's reasonably smooth as a skater, and considering he's 6'3" and very well built, I wouldn't say his speed is a major problem. He's faster than Matt Zultek ever was, yet he was a first rounder of course. He's not ever going to be a scorer, but I truly think he could be a solid third liner.

His versatility is a plus. This isn't a defenceman turned forward. It's more of a Sami Kapanen situation, they needed some size on the blueline at one point when Wharton was hurt last year, and it kind of stuck. The guy alternated for much of last year and then it carried over. But eventually he ended up playing forward. I don't see him playing forward as a professional, at least not much. What it says to me though is that he's smart, works well with coach's (Killer will make most player's a coach's dream), and can take on different responsibilities. For a guy destined to be at most a grinder in the NHL, that's a major plus.

As for Bickell, I'll be the first to admit I love the guy. Not for what he did this year, but for what I think he can become. He's big, fast, strong, an enthusiastic hitter and his hands are oh so soft and his shot very powerful. That being said, he's as inconsistent as they come. The reason opinions on him are so varied is that people can go and see him five, six, seven times in a year, and never see him. That's not meant at a shot at you, or anybody else or anything, just that Bickell can dominate at times. For that reason, I'd take him if I had a late first or early second in this year's draft.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Hossa said:
Well, Mancari played the latter half of the year with Locke, but it wasn't exclusive the way Foy and Locke were. They weren't going steady so to speak. :lol

Mancari's not fast, that's for sure. But he's also not painfully slow. He's reasonably smooth as a skater, and considering he's 6'3" and very well built, I wouldn't say his speed is a major problem. He's faster than Matt Zultek ever was, yet he was a first rounder of course. He's not ever going to be a scorer, but I truly think he could be a solid third liner.

His versatility is a plus. This isn't a defenceman turned forward. It's more of a Sami Kapanen situation, they needed some size on the blueline at one point when Wharton was hurt last year, and it kind of stuck. The guy alternated for much of last year and then it carried over. But eventually he ended up playing forward. I don't see him playing forward as a professional, at least not much. What it says to me though is that he's smart, works well with coach's (Killer will make most player's a coach's dream), and can take on different responsibilities. For a guy destined to be at most a grinder in the NHL, that's a major plus.

As for Bickell, I'll be the first to admit I love the guy. Not for what he did this year, but for what I think he can become. He's big, fast, strong, an enthusiastic hitter and his hands are oh so soft and his shot very powerful. That being said, he's as inconsistent as they come. The reason opinions on him are so varied is that people can go and see him five, six, seven times in a year, and never see him. That's not meant at a shot at you, or anybody else or anything, just that Bickell can dominate at times. For that reason, I'd take him if I had a late first or early second in this year's draft.

Thanks for the info on Mancari, as he stuck out to me in the games I've seen and for his size and the numbers he put up, I'd expect to hear more talk about the kid here.

As for Bickell, he does seem to have a nice shot from the prospects game, seemed like the few times I saw the 67's he was injured or not doing much. But his size is interesting and he seems to be strong on his skates and upper body strength as well. I wouldn't mind if the Habs got him, but he wouldn't be one of my choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad