What Type of Penalty do you get called most for???

Status
Not open for further replies.

psod

Aug 25, 2005
roughing - usually I get caught trying to draw a penalty, rather than take one (I swear to God, there are some refs with eyes on the back of their heads). I'm also a big fan of the face wash, but it doesn't work as well with full cages.

PDO

Jan 12, 2005
Edmonton
CRUNK JUICE said:
I have the exact opposite problem. No one calls ANYTHING on the guys covering me because I'm big and can usually shake it off, even i if it does slow me down enough to keep me behind the play a little.

I get that too.. I feel your pain man :cry:

chum

Feb 27, 2002
hooking.

but i think i draw more than i take.

hummmm.... not so sure.

RangersMoogle

Oct 25, 2005
Ohio
www.tehinter.net
I play D, and I tend to aggressively tie up guys in front of the net, which sometimes leads to a holding call.

I generally play a tact defense, so I don't get many calls. I'm not into the whole face-washing and roughing side of D, unless you poke at my goalie after he covers the puck, then **** goes down.

Hockeylover

Oct 5, 2005
I have got any penality for a while. I used to get them regularly. The solution for me has been to make sure I leave my sitck on the floor. Therefore, no more slashing, highsticking or hooking. Yesterday I partially hit the goalie while running even though I tried to avoid him. He hit me in the back with his stick. If I had been stupid, I would have turned around and hit him back. I did not. In our division, we get 0.5 point in a game if we don't get penality at all. We have not won any games this season. Yet we have 1 point for being so nice! :handclap: We may participate in the playoffs just by showing discipline and without winning one game. :biglaugh:

Molucky

Oct 10, 2005
Belfast
www.kingdomofthegiants.com
been called for roughing 4 or 5 times, fighting once, slashing hooking and tripping lol... got called for slashing last weekend, a guy high sticked me and and i turned around and slashed him :biglaugh: And i got called for it... luckly i only sat 10 secs of it end of the game

Rusty Shackleford

Leafs Nation
Jul 14, 2005
Ottawa, Ontario
Well I am 15 and I am 6'2 so unfortunately you got some kids my age that are like 5'6 and 5'7 and I play in a checking league and I usually level alot of players and unfortunately being so much taller the elbow connects.

Another one is and I'll admitt I am pretty bad with stickwork I have a quick little temper and hate defencemen pushing me around after the whistle so I get alot of Slashing, Cross Checking, and sometimes I've gotten the rare Spearing penalty.

Icer

Oct 15, 2004
Where is the None selection? I'm the poster child for the Lady Bing. I've had 3 penalties in the past 9 seasons. 1 tripping, 1 roughing, and 1 obstruction.

Mackee

Oct 9, 2003
Montreal
Hmmm I'm going to say Roughing, most of the time I'll get that in non-contact leagues since I'm so used to playing the man. I also get elbowing penalties a lot (6'3 going into the boards with a 5'8 smurf will be the result).

When I'm in net...probably slashing. I've only received one delay of game penalty for knocking the net off...even though it was already off the pegs.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Icer said:
Where is the None selection? I'm the poster child for the Lady Bing. I've had 3 penalties in the past 9 seasons. 1 tripping, 1 roughing, and 1 obstruction.
Me too. I get about 4 minutes a year. This year I have two minutes in 6 games because I went to poke the puck and the klutz stepped on my stick. :D

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Nov 12, 2005
ON
i'm a small guy, (15 years old, 5'7, 115 pounds) but for some reason i'm always getting called for roughing. last year, when i was even smaller, (5'2, 90 pounds), i was the leading penalty guy on our team. this year, we get benched if we take stupid penalties, i've only got two minutes. i've been trying to avoid the box, and just getting on the score sheet as often as possible.

Pothier

Aug 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I usually get called for retaliation penalties and such. I get roughing after the whistle quite a bit too. This year, I am actually staying out of the penalty box this year with 10 mins in about 20 games.

For me every season is the same. At the start of the year guys a re crashing my crease taking swats at my glove when I cover up... etc. So I get a more than few roughing penalties to draw the line. Then once everyone has figured it out the screening starts and I'll take a few tripping calls.

Every year. For like 10 years. It's like a broken record man. This year has been better. A lot of the same teams with the same players and they already know my rules. ;)

Mackee

Oct 9, 2003
Montreal
Malefic74 said:
For me every season is the same. At the start of the year guys a re crashing my crease taking swats at my glove when I cover up... etc. So I get a more than few roughing penalties to draw the line. Then once everyone has figured it out the screening starts and I'll take a few tripping calls.

Every year. For like 10 years. It's like a broken record man. This year has been better. A lot of the same teams with the same players and they already know my rules. ;)

My beer league's the exact same. That and the fact that the price went sky-high forced me into semi-retirement at the old age of 22. Got so sick of getting slashed in the hands and getting sprayed in the face after a whistle with no one else around. My league was especially bad with interference. Guys were standing BEHIND me, let alone in the crease. Perhaps I'll find a cheaper league sometime, but I need new everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->