What Type of Penalty do you get called most for???

Status
Not open for further replies.

It Kills Me

Aug 6, 2004
Tripping for sure .. dam house league kids drop to the floor, when I got for a poke at the puck in their stick ..

Hockeylover

Oct 5, 2005
Slashing on the other guy`s stick and high sticking. The high sticking happens when I try to make the other guy lose control of the ball. I should hook his stick from the bottom instead from the top. For the slashing, I have been warned by the officials to stop it, so I stopped. I usually did it when we were losing by 6 points, I was "a little" frustrated... :rant: I wanted to hit everyone`s head with my stick, including my teamates!

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Jysk said:
Fighting , charging and roughing

Set a franshise rekord for pim in 1997/98 with 187 pim in 13 games with 6 fighting majors

Forgot to add charging...knew there was something I would forget.

Anyway I voted Cross-checking for me...playing defense sometimes i gotta take the necessary measures to get the guy away from the crease.

PDO

Jan 12, 2005
Edmonton
Elbowing. 6'3".. any time I hit anyone that's under 5'10" I get a penalty for being stronger and bigger.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I played defense and didn't get any penalties at all, used to play smart hockey and pick my hits. Roughing after the whistle is the only penalty I would usually get. I was used alot on the PK so I didn't want to hurt the team in that regard.

Sixty Six

Feb 28, 2003
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
normally i'll get one for stuff after the play or battling infront (as a forward) which i know is dumb. Sometimes as a little guy i use my stick too much trying to get a little seperation. I'll sneak a quick jab in once in a while. I get caught sometimes though.

Zetterberg4Captain*

We're not allowed to hit in the head in my league. Im 6'0 the league's average height must be somewhere around 5'5!

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
PDO said:
Elbowing. 6'3".. any time I hit anyone that's under 5'10" I get a penalty for being stronger and bigger.

Yeah dude, that's a rough one, I have the same problem being the exact same height as you are.

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
What about unsportsmanlike conduct? Im always getting called for that because i mouth off to the refs....last week i thought they were callin me for high sticking and i said bs my stick didnt hit anything the ref turned around and called me for Unsportsman like, for pretty much arguing the other teams PIN....lol :biglaugh:

K9

Jan 26, 2003
Visit site
PDO said:

Sounds like my life story. Except I'm 6'4'', so for me it was anyone under 5'11, sometimes even 6'0'' if I added a little extra pep to the hit. Pretty frustrating really.

CRUNK JUICE

Nov 19, 2002
Austin, TX
webspace.utexas.edu
I tend to only use my stick for what it was intended for, but I also play a pretty shippy game and get called for roughing a LOT. I do get the occassional boarding call and will fight as a last resort. I also get called for goaltender interference every now and then as well, but that's kind of rare and only when the ref calls the game REALLY tight.

But yeah, I'd say 95% of my penalties are roughing.

CRUNK JUICE

Nov 19, 2002
Austin, TX
webspace.utexas.edu
PDO said:

I have the exact opposite problem. No one calls ANYTHING on the guys covering me because I'm big and can usually shake it off, even i if it does slow me down enough to keep me behind the play a little.

Transported Upstater

CRUNK JUICE said:
I have the exact opposite problem. No one calls ANYTHING on the guys covering me because I'm big and can usually shake it off, even i if it does slow me down enough to keep me behind the play a little.

I hit opposing powers with the power of Wayne Gretzky hitting Zdeno Chara.

Transported Upstater

CRUNK JUICE said:
:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

I wouldn't mind that so much if I didn't have two of you guys hanging off my back when I'm in the slot.

Hey, I catch a ride so I save energy for the plays after when I have to skate on my own
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad