Player Discussion What to do with Maroon?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Still can't believe this trade.

Maroon is a beauty and I hope he has a 20-20 season.

If he does 15-15, imo, that's a successful season, anything above that would be gravy. Getting a top-9 forward with size, at a discount, for basically free is just outstanding.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Looks like Gernat is back in Czech after not getting a deal with Anahiem.

Maroon is ready to push Pouliot and Lucic for a spot in that top 6. Hes really come to camp motivated and in shape. Big year for him

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Fans of other teams must lurk our board and be extremely confused as to why we love Maroon so much. :laugh:

I still can't believe Chiarelli found a way to get Anaheim to retain some salary.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Fans of other teams must lurk our board and be extremely confused as to why we love Maroon so much. :laugh:

I still can't believe Chiarelli found a way to get Anaheim to retain some salary.

In reality this was more about the cap than Maroon. Anaheim is still struggling to sign Lindholm.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
No main boards thread about this steal?

Thanks Chia, Big Rig is a major part of our future.

PinSeeker

Aug 22, 2005
YLW
No main boards thread about this steal?

Thanks Chia, Big Rig is a major part of our future.

Nope, it would severely clash with the "Chia is the worst GM in the league" mantra and general Oiler bashing that goes on. The main board is frankly a joke.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Nope, it would severely clash with the "Chia is the worst GM in the league" mantra and general Oiler bashing that goes on. The main board is frankly a joke.

I'm happy with Chia. It seems others are trying to tell us how to feel.

Chia has a vision, I support him.

PinSeeker

Aug 22, 2005
YLW
I'm happy with Chia. It seems others are trying to tell us how to feel.

Chia has a vision, I support him.

Agreed. Haven't agreed with every move, but generally speaking he is light years ahead of MacT/Tambo

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Agreed. Haven't agreed with every move, but generally speaking he is light years ahead of MacT/Tambo

River boat gambler, some deals I don't like but overall the good outweigh the bad.

Chia has brought in: McDavid, Larsson, Sekera, Talbot, Lucic, Pulju, Paigin, Benson, Bear, Versteeg, Ellis, Caggiula, Niemalainen, Jones, Kassian, Maroon, and Benning to name a few.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
River boat gambler, some deals I don't like but overall the good outweigh the bad.

Chia has brought in: McDavid, Larsson, Sekera, Talbot, Lucic, Pulju, Paigin, Benson, Bear, Versteeg, Ellis, Caggiula, Niemalainen, Jones, Kassian, Maroon, and Benning to name a few.

Hes really killed the last two drafts IMO. Some really great picks. Plus Cagguila/Benning signings which are essentially picks

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Hes really killed the last two drafts IMO. Some really great picks. Plus Cagguila/Benning signings which are essentially picks

Chia is killin it. He's got my support.

The negativity spewed at us from ignorance on the mains will unite us. They don't know anything about what we're building.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
dc8mrm.jpg

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Until this team starts winning they deserve everything they get. But when they do start winning everyone else will deserve what they get ;)

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Honestly Maroon's a big reason why I don't want to do the 4 and 4 method for protection.

Davidson's nice, he's a solid but unspectacular defenceman, and his minutes could potentially be replaced by Nurse, Reinhart, Oesterle, Simpson, Jones, Paigin... You get the point, the team has a ton of LHD.

Maroon is a guy you can plug into the top 6 to get a line to click, plus his cap hit is massive for this team in terms of giving flexibility. Toss in the fact he can be a beast on the ice, I don't want LV to get that kind of option. Also there's no one in the system that could replace him. (Khaira the closest, but he's more of a 3rd liner in upside)

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Still can't believe this trade.

Maroon is a beauty and I hope he has a 20-20 season.

Sort of makes up for the bad Reinhardt trade. Hope we don't lose him in the expansion draft. He's cheaper and better than Lucic as a tough guy who can battle and score.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Seriously if Maroon turns into Lucic, we got 2 elite power forwards on our team. And to think we wanted a power forward since Penner was here and he wasn't much of a power forward to begin with :amazed:

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
It seems all maroon does with Oilers is score. 8 goals in 16 games last year. 2 goals this preseason (?)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->