What The Hell, Giroux?

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
I agree that the "Best Player in the World" thing is overplayed, but I disagree that it's only Pens fans who keep bringing up the 2012 series. A few Flyers fans bring that series up whenever threads on HF pop up about "who can stop the Pens in the playoffs?" as a reason why the Flyers have their number.

I hope that this series has put to rest this notion that anything that happened in 2012 has zero relevance to today.
I agree, whenever I see someone (Pens or Flyers) bring up that 2012 series in any context other than it being the most exciting yet worst hockey ever, I cringe. It's such an old, tiring, lazy narrative. The only thing more annoying is "1975" or "Bankrupt" which are essentially just responses to each other at this point. Come on guys, we're adult trolls now, get some new material.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I agree, whenever I see someone (Pens or Flyers) bring up that 2012 series in any context other than it being the most exciting yet worst hockey ever, I cringe. It's such an old, tiring, lazy narrative. The only thing more annoying is "1975" or "Bankrupt" which are essentially just responses to each other at this point. Come on guys, we're adult trolls now, get some new material.

On a random note, the bolded is so true for me. Obviously seeing my team lose ANY series sucks, but all things being equal, I enjoyed that series 10000 times more than the Bruins sweeping the Pens where the Pens scored like 2 goals all series because it actually gave me something to cheer about at times.

If my team is going to lose, I'd rather be able to cheer about them scoring 4 or 5 goals every game, even in losses, rather than sit on my hands watching them lose 3-0 every game.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
On a random note, the bolded is so true for me. Obviously seeing my team lose ANY series sucks, but all things being equal, I enjoyed that series 10000 times more than the Bruins sweeping the Pens where the Pens scored like 2 goals all series because it actually gave me something to cheer about at times.

If my team is going to lose, I'd rather be able to cheer about them scoring 4 or 5 goals every game, even in losses, rather than sit on my hands watching them lose 3-0 every game.
That's why I thought yesterday was actually a very entertaining game. The 8-5 score isn't really reflective of how competitive of a game it was. The Flyers definitely came out and blew their load early and couldn't sustain it by the time the 3rd period came but it was still a fun game to watch. Go up 1-0 early, then down 2-1, then up 4-2, then down 5-4 before the Flyers went on that 4 on 3. Despite what the box score says, the Flyers had a change to win that game with 8 or so minutes left. The better team won and that's the way it should be.

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Sorry.. it was a baton, not a torch.

So you're mocking Sam Carchidi? Does he have an account here so that he can feel the wrath of your sick burn? You're going back 6 years to make a point that no Flyers fans agrees with even in 2012. I really don't know what you're trying to accomplish here. Move on with your life and stop being so petty.

Also, literally not one person in Philly takes anything Sam Carchidi says seriously.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

Outside of Pens-Flyers, 2012 was one of the more boring playoffs in recent memory. The other 14 teams were trying to win 1-0 or 2-1. Very little offensive creativity. Teams were playing not to lose.

Grandma Bingo

May 14, 2013
So you're mocking Sam Carchidi? Does he have an account here so that he can feel the wrath of your sick burn? You're going back 6 years to make a point that no Flyers fans agrees with even in 2012. I really don't know what you're trying to accomplish here. Move on with your life and stop being so petty.

Also, literally not one person in Philly takes anything Sam Carchidi says seriously.
*NO* Flyers fan agrees with?

The pre-series thread here had tons of posts by Flyers fans stating that Giroux was Crosby's equal, and that the Flyers top 6 was equal to the Pens top 6.

Giroux isn't in Crosby's universe.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
*NO* Flyers fan agrees with?

The pre-series thread here had tons of posts by Flyers fans stating that Giroux was Crosby's equal, and that the Flyers top 6 was equal to the Pens top 6.

Giroux isn't in Crosby's universe.
Please provide a quote where someone said Giroux is better than Crosby. Don't quote someone saying Giroux had a better season. I want to see someone that said Claude Giroux is better at hockey than Sidney Crosby. If it was so easy to find, why go back 6 years to quote a terrible beat writer?

Grandma Bingo

May 14, 2013
Please provide a quote where someone said Giroux is better than Crosby. Don't quote someone saying Giroux had a better season. I want to see someone that said Claude Giroux is better at hockey than Sidney Crosby. If it was so easy to find, why go back 6 years to quote a terrible beat writer?

Here's one:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...for-this-league.2475099/page-4#post-144292099

Now that I posted one.... your response will be "ok, post another one."

I'm not going to do your research for you. Flyers fans have been saying for half a decade that Giroux is better than Crosby, in hfboards and many other forums.

Giroux is not in the same tier as a professional hockey player as Crosby. And he never was.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
My god, this is the trash posted in just the last page of this thread. The only people bringing up the "best player in the world" thing or 2012 here are Pens fans. Why are you guys so butt hurt about something Laviolette said 6 years ago? Flyers fans didn't agree with it then and still don't now. You have two Cups since then and it's still all you can talk about. Move on with your lives, people.

Why are you so upset about it? :laugh:

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh

Hi Sam.

Reactions: Shockmaster

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
My god, this is the trash posted in just the last page of this thread. The only people bringing up the "best player in the world" thing or 2012 here are Pens fans. Why are you guys so butt hurt about something Laviolette said 6 years ago? Flyers fans didn't agree with it then and still don't now. You have two Cups since then and it's still all you can talk about. Move on with your lives, people.

It has nothing to do with us being butt hurt. It's our retort to the crap we literally read before the series even started.

We literally just repeated the stuff back to you.

Perspective is a hell of a thing.

Reactions: ColePens

swflyers93

Nov 19, 2007
Norristown, PA
Giroux is not in the same tier as a professional hockey player as Crosby. And he never was.

A guy picked number one overall versus a guy, who at the draft, Bobby Clarke forgot his name. He has done pretty good in his career. No one pegged him to be a generational talent like Crosby or like Malkin. We got him because we stayed competitive while the Pens....didn't. So it's great having Crosby and Malkin, good job.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
There you go.
:headache:
images

Does it fit okay??

Reactions: SotasicA

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
This is why Giroux is not better than Crosby. He had a better regular season and when it counts Crosby is still the best player.

I am not disagreeing with what you said but I want to use your logic here

I guess 2014 Crosby had a better regular season but William was a better player when it counted.

So I guess when all the people said Toews was better than Crosby from 2010 to 2015. I guess that is true then. According to your logic.

Fyi. For most teams you need a big season from your superstar to even make the playoffs. Regular season it counts for something as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad