What The Hell, Giroux?

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Well it's just that, it's been known for a long time that goalies in philly are a revolving door. In 2015-16 they allowed 14 goals and lost in round 1, 2013-2014 allowed 19 goals and lost in round 1, this year allowed 28 goals , lost in round 1. You're not going to win giving up 28 goals in 6 games.

I don't know what allowing 14 goals in 6 games (2.33 GAA) or 19 in 7 (2.71 GAA) have to do with 28 in 6 (4.67 GAA).

maxmn

Feb 16, 2013
Flyers fans have been living off that shift for the past 6 years. I still see that posted in their gdt to this day.

Right? Famous?? A hit on a guy is their big moment? And what has little G done since?? Compared to Crosby? Lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: LuG61

maxmn

Feb 16, 2013
So he's had health issues since the start of the 2012 2nd round? :laugh:

The flyers are always wicked fast with the injury excuse!! Lol. Being the only team in the history of the NHL to have a player injured. No other player has ever played injured. Ever.

Reactions: Shockmaster

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
He factually is.... for the 3rd time. And he's clearly the best player of this years finalist
Ok, I used a bit of hyperbole in that post...He of course is a good regular season performer, I've just never been impressed with his compete level and big game performance come playoff time.

Now...you really think he's a better player, 1 for 1, than MacKinnon? I don't think it's even close....

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Couturier was probably the biggest reason for Giroux's resurgence this season in the regular season, but the moment the playoffs started he turned into Gir-who? and Couturier showed everyone who the boss was for that line.

I hate the Flyers, but I have nothing but respect for that talented player with a face only his own mother could ever love, Sean Couturier. My hats off to that kid, dude put it all out there.

Reactions: PSUPEN

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
your potato predictions should keep you silent for a year.
I think he's waiting for the next few games, best of 9. Doop doop 2012 something something or another.

Really glad this series is over, just to avoid more interactions with that poster and the like. Now I await the insanity that will come with a Jackets or Caps series with the Pens.

Yay?

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
The flyers are always wicked fast with the injury excuse!! Lol. Being the only team in the history of the NHL to have a player injured. No other player has ever played injured. Ever.

The HF hivemind also loves to scramble to make excuses whenever one of the Penguins' rivals falter in the playoffs. :laugh:

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
He's Fraude Giroux. Best player in the world? His team hasn't won a series since beating Dan Abysmal's 2012 Pens.

Pens have won 9 straight.
To be fair.... it had to be hard for Giroux to perform in the playoffs while carrying around that "torch" that Crosby handed to him in the 2012 playoffs.

I mean... 1 goal, 1 assist and a -10 in 6 games is downright heroic when you have to carry your stick in one hand and a torch in the other.
I think he's waiting for the next few games, best of 9. Doop doop 2012 something something or another.
Right? Famous?? A hit on a guy is their big moment? And what has little G done since?? Compared to Crosby? Lol.
Best in the World

My god, this is the trash posted in just the last page of this thread. The only people bringing up the "best player in the world" thing or 2012 here are Pens fans. Why are you guys so butt hurt about something Laviolette said 6 years ago? Flyers fans didn't agree with it then and still don't now. You have two Cups since then and it's still all you can talk about. Move on with your lives, people.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
My god, this is the trash posted in just the last page of this thread. The only people bringing up the "best player in the world" thing or 2012 here are Pens fans. Why are you guys so butt hurt about something Laviolette said 6 years ago? Flyers fans didn't agree with it then and still don't now. You have two Cups since then and it's still all you can talk about. Move on with your lives, people.

Don't be surprised when something that stupid is said that people mock it.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
To be fair.... it had to be hard for Giroux to perform in the playoffs while carrying around that "torch" that Crosby handed to him in the 2012 playoffs.

I mean... 1 goal, 1 assist and a -10 in 6 games is downright heroic when you have to carry your stick in one hand and a torch in the other.
The only person who said that was Laviolette, who hasn't been our coach in years. Any Flyers fan who knows anything about hockey knew it wasn't true back then and knows it isn't true now, as has been repeated multiple times.

But go ahead, keep beating that dead horse

Kreator

Feb 18, 2017
Very nice REGULAR season player. But is not a leader. Claude couldn't captain a rubber dinghy in his backyard pool.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

I agree that the "Best Player in the World" thing is overplayed, but I disagree that it's only Pens fans who keep bringing up the 2012 series. A few Flyers fans bring that series up whenever threads on HF pop up about "who can stop the Pens in the playoffs?" as a reason why the Flyers have their number.

I hope that this series has put to rest this notion that anything that happened in 2012 has zero relevance to today.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
This is why he wasn't selected for Team Canada in 2014. He just isn't a big game player.
there were a lot of guys on that 2014 Canada team that never came close to sniffing a Cup...

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
there were a lot of guys on that 2014 Canada team that never came close to sniffing a Cup...

Maybe so, but let's not act like it's outrageous that Giroux didn't make Team Canada in Sochi or that he was a healthy scratch for most of the 2016 World Cup. Canada has better players to choose from.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad