What The Hell, Giroux?

JackFrost

Feb 18, 2018
Guys like Giroux, Voracek, and Gostisbhere are all regular season players. Everyone knows Simmonds sucks, good luck trying to get rid of him.

Daveyyaunce

Jun 23, 2017
Philadelphia
Guys like Giroux, Voracek, and Gostisbhere are all regular season players. Everyone knows Simmonds sucks, good luck trying to get rid of him.

In a season where he looks to be a shell of his former self, he still scored 24 goals. In a league where Ryan Reaves is traded for a first, I'm sure the flyers will do quite fine in getting value.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
That's a lot more than the Flyers won since 1975. :laugh:
A day later? Talk about some petty shit. lol enjoy your feelings of superiority over the accomplishments of a bunch of guys who don't know you exist. :laugh: I'm going to refrain from further petty squable with an internet stranger, if you want to continue on be my guest. Enjoy.

Reactions: God Bless Mr Coffee

Evergreen

Okay, Pens fans hate Giroux. Way to state the obvious. But you still didn't answer the question - has Giroux been hurt since the start of the 2012 2nd round? You mentioned he has had health issues. Were you implying those health issues have been nagging him 6 straight years and they are the only reason he would perform poorly in the playoffs since then?
Well he had 6 points in 7 playoff games in the 2013-14 playoffs too, then the Flyers only made playoffs once since then up until this year. So you could try looking at actual stats instead of just making things up to suit your agenda if you actually wanted a real response [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
A day later? Talk about some petty ****. lol enjoy your feelings of superiority over the accomplishments of a bunch of guys who don't know you exist. :laugh: I'm going to refrain from further petty squable with an internet stranger, if you want to continue on be my guest. Enjoy.

Okay then. You enjoy feelings of superiority over a misplaced sense of "losing with nobility" or whatever other excuses you can come with for the Flyers. :)

Reactions: domaug

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Much better playoff stats than Bergeron.

Bergeron: 105GP/25G/50A/75P .71 PPG
Giroux : 68GP/24G/40A/64P. .94 PPG

Pace per 82:

Bergeron : 19G/39A/58P
Giroux: 29G/48A/77P

You think its only about scoring points?

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Giroux is simply not the skater a top line winger is. He is a winger who can get his shot from the left dot most of the time. But he is slowing and no question in today's game, he will be less of a threat as his career goes on. the flyers are in the middle here with a young team in parts and veterans in other areas. I suppose the flyers will be better but goal tending, and quality depth is still the case.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I wonder why Giroux was a bit blank. A timeline:

• Giroux starts the season with Couturier and Voracek. All three players up their game immediately and it is a success. The line is dominant and points flow.
  • For some reason a change needs to be made and Voracek is dropped to the second line. He’s replaced by Konecny who immediately shines and is a clear star in the making with the perfect linemates.
  • Again, Hakstol tries to fix the only thing that’s working and ~PPG Konecny is demoted down the line-up with his ice time dropping significantly. Hakstol tries a few different varieties before settling on Voracek again.
  • Hakstol then takes away Couturier and replaces him with Val Filpulla. Heads shake, keys type, nobody understands why.

Giroux still scored 102 points and was our second highest scorer in the Pens round. It’s a miracle he managed to what he did with a coach who appeared to be actively trying to ruin his season. Can you see why he might appear to be struggling with all this shit going on?

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
Holy kneejerk reaction Batman! The guy had a bad week which unfortunately took place during the playoffs, it happens. Every year when a player has one or two good/bad series, people try to view it as some compressed proof of what he's "really" about. Guess what, Philly's best bet for playoff MVP next year is Giroux, because he's proven he's their best player.

Reactions: Hockey Crazy

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
At least he made his presence felt in game 5, but yeah bad series for him. Still, overall good playoff player.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007

Wow somebody’s all riled up.

Simmonds is a UFA in one year. He’ll be gone then.

Giroux has great playoff numbers, and Ghost is still young and will be just fine.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
In a season where he looks to be a shell of his former self, he still scored 24 goals. In a league where Ryan Reaves is traded for a first, I'm sure the flyers will do quite fine in getting value.

I’m so sick of this myth, they traded down from 31 to 51 because they knew they could still get their guy.

Reaves was not traded for a first!

Reactions: domaug

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Giroux is too slow for the transition game of playoff hockey. Still a dangerous power play guy but he’s just a step too slow in both ends of the rink.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I wonder why Giroux was a bit blank. A timeline:

• Giroux starts the season with Couturier and Voracek. All three players up their game immediately and it is a success. The line is dominant and points flow.
  • For some reason a change needs to be made and Voracek is dropped to the second line. He’s replaced by Konecny who immediately shines and is a clear star in the making with the perfect linemates.
  • Again, Hakstol tries to fix the only thing that’s working and ~PPG Konecny is demoted down the line-up with his ice time dropping significantly. Hakstol tries a few different varieties before settling on Voracek again.
  • Hakstol then takes away Couturier and replaces him with Val Filpulla. Heads shake, keys type, nobody understands why.

Giroux still scored 102 points and was our second highest scorer in the Pens round. It’s a miracle he managed to what he did with a coach who appeared to be actively trying to ruin his season. Can you see why he might appear to be struggling with all this **** going on?
Hakstol's system is the reason Giroux got 102 points in the regular season. Or did the Flyers get all those odd-man rushes since they are a fast team?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad