3. USA
4. CAN
5. FIN
6. SWI
7. LTV
8. SVK
9. SWE
10. NRW

This year we will see a surprise, Sweden gets knocked out by Latvia. Mark my words

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
I really doubt that. The swedish team consists of players who are pretty much regulars in SEL.

The depth haven´t been this good in a swedish junior team in several years. Its good to be underrated though.

espo*

canucksfan said:
Predcit where the teams will finish.

Here's mine

1.USA
2.Russia
3.Canada
4.Czech Republic
5.Finland
6.Sweden
7.Slovakia
8.Switzerland
9.Norway
10.Latvia
Good picks but we have to see just what the competition brings,we don't know that yet.On talent............you're not far off.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
An Ape called Yoko said:
I really doubt that. The swedish team consists of players who are pretty much regulars in SEL.

The depth haven´t been this good in a swedish junior team in several years. Its good to be underrated though.

Latvia has better players than years past. They are vastly underrated.

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
insider said:
Latvia has better players than years past. They are vastly underrated.
im sure they have. They have three players who plays in Sweden. But they are very mediocre and I have seen them play. They wouldn´t be in Swedens third or fourth national team.

Sweden has really great depth, and players who have been playing fast-paced hockey whole year in SEL. Our team might look weaker than last year, but its really not. Its stronger because of the depth.

If your looking at drafted players and doing an estimation based on that... your far off. You do know that Sweden could have had a team, where all players were drafted right?

insider

Nov 14, 2003
An Ape called Yoko said:
im sure they have. But Sweden has really great depth, and players who have been playing fast-paced hockey whole year. Our team might look weaker than last year, but its really not. Its stronger because of the depth.

If your looking at drafted players and doing an estimation based on that... your far off. You do know that Sweden could have had a team, where all players were drafted right?
I didn't... and I do. They play Russia, the Czechs, Latvia and Slovakia. Thats a tough division. I'm not convinced in Sweden's goaltending, and Slovakia's Valent is underrated. Latvia will be take lightly. After Russia and The Czechs, they'll pb give Mr. Backup a chance againt them.

just my 2 cents

espo*

An Ape called Yoko said:
im sure they have. They have three players who plays in Sweden. But they are very mediocre and I have seen them play. They wouldn´t be in Swedens third or fourth national team.

Sweden has really great depth, and players who have been playing fast-paced hockey whole year in SEL. Our team might look weaker than last year, but its really not. Its stronger because of the depth.

What percentage of youyr guys played in the sel last year and what are the junior leagues like there?

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
cyclops said:
What percentage of youyr guys played in the sel last year and what are the junior leagues like there?
The goalies Magnus Ã…kerlund, Daniel Larsson and hugewinger, Johan Ryno, played in Allsvenskan (tier2, second best league in Sweden). Ryno could have played in SEL as well.. as he is a top-player in allsvenskan.

Alexander Edler, Oscar Sundh, Johannes Salmonsson and Fredrik Pettersson played in CHL, and Nicklas Bergfors in the AHL.

The rest are regulars in SEL. Not one player has played swedish jr hockey in this squad, which is something unique.

Hart_House_Ca

Feb 21, 2004
1) Switzerland - Copper
2) Latvia - Led
3) Norway - Alloy

4) Czech Republic
5) Russia
6) Finland
7) Sweden
8) Slovakia

Moved to the B Pool
9) Canada
10) USA

C-J...*

Ever since Foppa/Näslund & Sundström 100 years ago, our juniors has been pittyful..

We have alot of Swedes that becomes late bloomers, dont ask me why.

Just look at Alfie and Näslund, they sucked until they reached the mid 20:s.

And then there´s Salo, he sucked 0-27 and then from 29 and onward, hehe..

espo*

An Ape called Yoko said:
The goalies Magnus Ã…kerlund, Daniel Larsson and hugewinger, Johan Ryno, played in Allsvenskan (tier2, second best league in Sweden). Ryno could have played in SEL as well.. as he is a top-player in allsvenskan.

Alexander Edler, Oscar Sundh, Johannes Salmonsson and Fredrik Pettersson played in CHL, and Nicklas Bergfors in the AHL.

The rest are regulars in SEL. Not one player has played swedish jr hockey in this squad, which is something unique.
Thanks,interesting.The rumors i've been hearing is that Sweden will ice a good team this year.

SChan*

cyclops said:
Thanks,interesting.The rumors i've been hearing is that Sweden will ice a good team this year.

by this thread nobody seems to think that. I am glad we're the underdogs this time.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
1- CANADA (on superb goaltending from Pogge :bow: haha, a guy can dream can't he?)
2- Russia (Malkin scores 15 goals...while sitting on the bench...just watch what he does on the ice :eek: )
3- USA (Kessel's head explodes from the amazing play of Malkin)

espo*

SectionX said:
by this thread nobody seems to think that. I am glad we're the underdogs this time.
it isn't in the information i've been getting,i hear they will be improved this year while maybe not medaling.They out-shot the U.S in their game,it's exhibition of course but i think it shows they can be competitive this year.A gold is most likely not in the cards but they may sneak in for a medal.They've still got their work cut out for them though.I'll be keeping a close eye on Backstrom this tourney,from what i've heard he's the best prospect Sweden has produced in awhile.

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
cyclops said:
it isn't in the information i've been getting,i hear they will be improved this year while maybe not medaling.They out-shot the U.S in their game,it's exhibition of course but i think it shows they can be competitive this year.A gold is most likely not in the cards but they may sneak in for a medal.They've still got their work cut out for them though.I'll be keeping a close eye on Backstrom this tourney,from what i've heard he's the best prospect Sweden has produced in awhile.
A medal will of course be difficult to achieve, but not impossible. The team is deep enough to challenge the best teams in the tourney. On paper it looks really good too, although we don´t have many stars.

On the other hand, its been like that before. I remember our players born 80 had Henrik Zetterberg, Henrik Sedin, Daniel Sedin, Christian Bäckman etc... they came in fifth place... The year after our extremely weak agegroup born 81 with Niklas Kronwall, Jonas Andersson etc came in fourth place.

I think we are still producing top-talent that will be great players in the NHL, but most of the time our players are latebloomers, because of other reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad