What should I buy ?

Fabulous9

Aug 20, 2006
I need new skates and I'm a bit confused with all the different models !!

what should I buy

Bauer One90
Bauer XXX
CCM 10.0
Reebok 8K
etc...

here in montreal they sell the 8K for 350 cdn, i'd like to know if its a better choice then the One90 that I can have for 600-650 cdn.

thanks

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
I need new skates and I'm a bit confused with all the different models !!

what should I buy

Bauer One90
Bauer XXX
CCM 10.0
Reebok 8K
etc...

here in montreal they sell the 8K for 350 cdn, i'd like to know if its a better choice then the One90 that I can have for 600-650 cdn.

thanks

Let me start by saying, buy what fits you the best.

Anyway, I love my new 8k's. I was a bit skeptical at first...well until I skated in them. Very low break in period (baked them, wore them in the house for an hour and a half, then skated hard for two hours, no blisters or pain).

The One90 is a better skate then the 8k. However, for the price the 8k's are the better value. Also, I have been reading of people having problems with their One90's.

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
Go and try them all they all fit differently. Your best value would be last years Vector pros which are basically the 10.0s. The 8k is without pump, 9k is with pump and they are both pro models. Have you also looked at Kors, Grafs, Easton or Mission skates?

Fabulous9

Aug 20, 2006
Have you also looked at Kors, Grafs, Easton or Mission skates?
grafs seems to be to heavy
easton and mission...don't like them

money is not a problem, I just want to know what will be the better choice and why

thanks

Pat

Oct 3, 2005
Trois-Rivières
I have a pair Bauer XXX. by far the best skates I ever owned. very very light, comfortable. boot is stiff...but the break in time is relatively short. I've had no "break in" pain what so ever with these skates.
check em out at your local sports store

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
grafs seems to be to heavy
easton and mission...don't like them

money is not a problem, I just want to know what will be the better choice and why

thanks

Then you might want to add Kors to your list, they are compareable to the one90 skate. It would help us(to help you) a lot if you told us what kind of feet you have. Wide? Small heel? High arch?

Polska

May 25, 2004
Vancouver
If money is not an issue I would buy the XXX's or the One90's. Just make sure you're properly fitted by someone who knows what they're doing. With skates this stiff it's incredibly important to be properly fitted. A lot of people buy skates that are too big for them and then the widest part of their foot comes before the widest part of the skate creating a hot spot. I had this and had to sell the skates for half of what I paid for them after only using them three times, it was that unbearable.

Personally I have a pair of XX's. I bought 'em because they were cheaper than the XXX's but were the top model prior to the XXX's and I've read there's little difference between the two. They're by far the best skates I've ever used. Very light and comfortable for such a stiff boot.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
is there a big difference between One90 and Supreme70 ?

Yes there is. From what I gather (read and told) the Supreme 70 is your basic Bauer Supreme skate. The One90 is it's own model, not a higher level version of the 70.

Fabulous9

Aug 20, 2006
Yes there is. From what I gather (read and told) the Supreme 70 is your basic Bauer Supreme skate. The One90 is it's own model, not a higher level version of the 70.

do you mean that the supreme70 are the same as the 8090 ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad