What should we do with Hutchinson?

• Call him up now

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
For what we'd get for him, I consider him a nice little insurance package if something goes wrong with Helle or Mason long term. He'll also help backstop Comrie when the Moose are in the playoffs - winning a Calder would be a nice consolation prize for losing a mid to late round pick.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
For what we'd get for him, I consider him a nice little insurance package if something goes wrong with Helle or Mason long term. He'll also help backstop Comrie when the Moose are in the playoffs - winning a Calder would be a nice consolation prize for losing a mid to late round pick.
This where I'd land as well. Just not enough value in trading him compared to having him available to backup if Helly or Mason go down. If Comrie looked closer to ready, maybe I'd have a different opinion but his game showed lots more work still needs to be done.

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
The Moose aren't going for the cup at the expense of developing their kids. If they make noise in the playoffs it will be on the backs of their kids shoulders I.e. Comrie being the starter. Trade Hutch and pick up a decent vet AHL goalie to back up Eric. No sense losing an asset for nothing that you are not goig to use.

You are putting a lot of stock into none of the 3 goalies getting hurt before then. If one of Helle, Mason, Comrie go down then the Moose likely has a poor starter and IMO Comrie should be leading the Moose team into the playoffs regardless of whether Helle/Mason go down. If would be great for his development.

Of course if we get something of value (highish draft pick (2nd or better) ) or good prospect, then that is different. However, I doubt we get anything of value for a AHL star who has proven very unreliable in the NHL.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Does Hutch stay a professional throughout this. Say the Jets told him they would try to move him to a team at some point. Chevy has indicated that he would try earlier this season. Hutch has already refused to talk to the media for the most part this season. Does he stay content in his role if the Jets opt to pass on deals out there to keep him as insurance.

Reactions: JetBlue420

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
I don't think Comrie is a viable depth guy this year if Mason should have any further problems. I don't think the Jets would want to be one injury away from having Comrie on the bench during the playoffs. I would keep Hutch around as this year could, and hopefully will be a long one.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
If someone offers a 3rd or a prospect for Hutch, I would probably pull the trigger. The Jets could also use that 3rd as trade currency at the trade deadline if need be. I would then possibly pickup another goalie via waivers for AHL depth. Comrie has a .927 save percentage with the Moose so I think he would be ok down there with some veteran help that is not necessarily Hutch.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Does Hutch stay a professional throughout this. Say the Jets told him they would try to move him to a team at some point. Chevy has indicated that he would try earlier this season. Hutch has already refused to talk to the media for the most part this season. Does he stay content in his role if the Jets opt to pass on deals out there to keep him as insurance.
He is getting paid $1.3 M and hoping for a contract somewhere next season that would suggest it is in his best interest to continue acting as a professional. Taking his ball and going home probably ends any hopes of continuing his NHL career.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
If someone offers a 3rd or a prospect for Hutch, I would probably pull the trigger. The Jets could also use that 3rd as trade currency at the trade deadline if need be. I would then possibly pickup another goalie via waivers for AHL depth. Comrie has a .927 save percentage with the Moose so I think he would be ok down there with some veteran help that is not necessarily Hutch.

Can't stock your AHL team via waivers. They must stay in NHL or go on waivers again. The original waiving team then has option to reclaim and send down without waivers (provided no one else wants him on nhl roster).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad