What should be done with Hutchinson? [Mod: moved from PGT]

What should we do with Hutchinson?

• Call him up now

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
What to do with Hutchinson ??? he's been playing at a .955 SP % in the AHL, and was voted player of the month.

The TSN post game panel say the Oilers are interested in him, for an injured Cam Talbot--what would we want in return ???

Should we let him go ??? apparently Chevy would like to dump his $ 1.3 million dollar contract.

What happens if Mason doesn't fully recover from concussion, and or returns and get's another concussion --then we are stuck with Eric Comrie, and he certainly looked bad against Florida. I don't think he's ready for the NHL.

Do we keep Hutch, or let him go ??? If we let him go--what kind of return should we expect to get ???

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
What to do with Hutchinson ??? he's been playing at a .955 SP % in the AHL, and was voted player of the month.

The TSN post game panel say the Oilers are interested in him, for an injured Cam Talbot--what would we want in return ???

Should we let him go ??? apparently Chevy would like to dump his $ 1.3 million dollar contract.

What happens if Mason doesn't fully recover from concussion, and or returns and get's another concussion --then we are stuck with Eric Comrie, and he certainly looked bad against Florida. I don't think he's ready for the NHL.

Do we keep Hutch, or let him go ??? If we let him go--what kind of return should we expect to get ???

Not much. Chevy is taking calls every day no doubt. We've never been a good trading partner with EDM as their needs often seem divergent to ours. However, that is not to say that a deal isn't workable. I liked the way Talbot played LAST year but he's not in the mix. IMO we could use some defensive depth but so could they.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
hutches value is him leading moose to AHL finals. the experience for all the jet's prospects is worth far more than a middle round pick.

jet's are in no rush to trade him. also, hutch has value in being called up for the jets if mason is injured for extended period or another goalie gets injured. hutch is an insurance policy. team is one goalie injury away from possible catastrophe this year.

that said, there is a human aspect to being a manager and they may trade hutch to allow him a chance to play "in the show" again. a few have mentioned packaging dano and petan together with hutch for a bigger piece. perhaps, ship these three to edmonton for next years (2019) unprotected first rounder? i could see petan and dano thriving in a new environment.

Reactions: Jimmyjets

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
Hutchinson is our "Black Ace". Years from now he could part of a legend of Jets' Stanley Cup glory.

My answer is: Appreciate him for the skilled goalie he is, and hide him in the AHL. He had a bad year at a bad time. Now he's back and we're lucky to have him around. Don't forget that he's young.

Hellebuyck progressed. Is it utterly ridiculous to think that Hutchinson did, as well? Is it possible that Hutch would have been a 2 point improvement for the Jets as a call-up?

Reactions: Eyeseeing

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Hutch had three declining years in a role. He's a good guy but he doesn't seem to be able to handle the pressure of the NHL. I would look to move him if we can get a third rounder for him once Mason is healthy. He wont start for the Moose once Comrie is back there as the org is invested in developing him and have moved on from Hutch.

Reactions: Jimmyjets

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
don't forget that hutch was top 3 goalies in the league for first half of the rookie season. no idea what happened after the all-star break that year. he belongs in the NHL.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Hutch had three declining years in a role. He's a good guy but he doesn't seem to be able to handle the pressure of the NHL. I would look to move him if we can get a third rounder for him once Mason is healthy. He wont start for the Moose once Comrie is back there as the org is invested in developing him and have moved on from Hutch.
I would be extatic to get a third for Hutchinson

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
You're not doing anything with Hutch right now and until the end of the season unless someone clearly overpays for him but that won't happen.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
You're not doing anything with Hutch right now and until the end of the season unless someone clearly overpays for him but that won't happen.
There are reports Chevy wants to get his contract off the books.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Right now he's insurance, and he's gaining interest with his record in the A. Leave him there until we need him. There are always teams looking for a flake and we can wait until the offseason to make a move.

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
Right now he's insurance, and he's gaining interest with his record in the A. Leave him there until we need him. There are always teams looking for a flake and we can wait until the offseason to make a move.

Since his contract ends after this season, we won't get anything once the season ends.

That being said, I completely agree. Unless a team makes an offer which blows us away (2nd round pick or above in my opinion) leave him where he is. We have already seen what can happen to goalies quickly with Vegas and I want to see the Moose go on a deep run. Hutch will be a big part of that. (Also, remember that a lot of NHL teams carry 3 goalies in the playoffs)

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
There is a lot of smoke out there that something is in the works with hutch. The biggest hold home as masons injury. I guess Hutch's minor tweak is the hold up now.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
There is a lot of smoke out there that something is in the works with hutch. The biggest hold home as masons injury. I guess Hutch's minor tweak is the hold up now.

He's not on the ice practicing today. My tinfoil hat would say that it's a done deal all he has to do is get healthy enough to pass his new team's physical.

Reactions: DoingItCoolKiwi

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Keep him for insurance.
I know it was one game, but to me, Comrie doesn’t look ready to be a full time NHL back up quite yet.

What if one of the goalies gets hurt again? I would feel better with Hutchinson than Comrie and a mid to low round pick.

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
With all the goalie troubles in the league and Mason back, I wonder if Chevy is entertaining any offers. Maybe he'll keep him for a rainy day just in case we need him, the Comrie thing was a little too early.
I mean if we're not going to get anything amazing from a deal we might as well keep him as a back up.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
The ONLY reason I'd keep him is if the Moose are going for the cup and are willing to lose Hutch for nothing after this season. I would not consider him as a Jets' backup. If at some point Mason is done for the year, at that point I'd trade for a different backup.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
I trust Chevy and think he has good instincts and great skill t getting maximum in his trade deals. Whichever way it goes is fine with me. Of course either option could backfire, but you go with what your best instincts, imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad