What Player?

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
When I played roller hockey... hmmm...

Ladislav Nagy.

I would pass first, rarely scored goals... and was injured a lot. Mostly the groin.

In other words, not the best center you ever played with.

Randy_Bobandy

Dec 12, 2006
Ha ha no I just found it funny that you guys are saying stuff like this but if you are still playing and enjoying it then hey what the hell.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Ha ha no I just found it funny that you guys are saying stuff like this but if you are still playing and enjoying it then hey what the hell.

All in good fun. We are all legends in our own minds. It helps at times. For example: when dumping on our "favourite" whipping boy on our favourite team when he keeps making mistakes that we would never make, even at NHL game pace. We have to feel smug when we do this, or at least close enough to smug that we can down an extra beer and then we're smug.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

I was called Lemieux by one of my coaches when I was 16ish.

I'm a right handed player who has alot of natural talent. I didn't pick up a stick until I was 7... and I was playing on a middle school team when I was 8.

I still remember my 6 goal 5 assist game.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
I was called Lemieux by one of my coaches when I was 16ish.

I'm a right handed player who has alot of natural talent. I didn't pick up a stick until I was 7... and I was playing on a middle school team when I was 8.

I still remember my 6 goal 5 assist game.

Then you woke up

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Then you woke up

Damn it you stole my joke :biglaugh:

Basically I've been told that I play like most Finns... Probably Tuomo Ruutu.

I'm bigger and I like to hit... I'm fast and I've got a finessé with my wrist shots.

Me and Tuomo both have bad injury problems too.

I also get out of control physically some times. I take bad penalties alot and I remember my last year of hockey in Canada I got thrown out of a league for too many fights. I never was much of a 'great point getter' I think the best season I had was my Junior year of highschool... I had like a 18 goal 36 point season in 30 games, I wasn't extremely good but I was on varsity my first year... Kinda sad

But hey I did have cancer like Lemieux... except mine was skin.

EDIT:
My brother though is doing amazing in Highschool hockey right now... Reminds me alot of Koivu or maybe Selanne. He's the fastest thing I've seen skate. He's dominating in the scoring too, 34 goals and 22 assists in 45 games this season.

Last edited by a moderator:

BuddehJuS

Nov 25, 2006
Wade Belak, without the fighting ability.

623ci8h.jpg

Assets: Has impressive size and a great attitude. Works hard at improving his game. Keeps his game simple and can be counted on to stick up for his mates. Can play either defense or right wing in a pinch.

Flaws: Lacks mobility, which prevents him from remaining in the lineup on a regular basis at any position. Doesn't have an offensive game to speak of.

per TSN. Quotes me to a "T".

Last edited:

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Assets: Owns tremendous offensive potential. Is not afraid of the rough going and enjoys initiating physical contact. Plays with both poise and confidence that belie his age.
Flaws: Injuries are already a major concern, particularly his wonky back. Can he survive the rough going in the NHL, since he's often initiating contact?

I guess I am Ruutu... Especially since I tore a back muscle a while ago.

technophile

Oct 10, 2005
Austin, TX
www.randomtree.org
Lidstrom, minus the slapshot. I have a very active stick, good passer, not generally very physical, I'm usually in good position to make a play, I'm patient, and I've been told it's very hard to take the puck away from me.

2x4*

Well I hope we are all speaking as if we magnified our skills 15 times but here is my guy after reading the tsn scouting reports.

Wade Redden

Assets Plays with ice water in his veins and never gets rattled. Is extremely durable, a good skater and fine passer. Owns an accurate point shot.
Flaws Needs to play a more physical game and initiate contact with greater frequency. Has more to offer in terms of offensive production.
Career potential No. 1 defenseman.

Only difference is my shot is a rocket. The compliment i receive the most out of anything I do is always "holy **** thats fast."

I would also not say I am a fine passer. I am a good passer. I do have a "*** was that?" every now and then =) But hey it makes for a good laugh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad