What Player added at the Deadline do you think will have a huge Postseason?

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Really excited to see how JT Miller does in the playoffs. Im sure he wants to improve on his past postseason numbers.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Thomas Plekanec. Never bet against the turtleneck.

Offensively no way he has been pretty poor (although he has been a 4th liner since coming here) but defensively I could see it as he has been very good for us in that regard. I think you could say he has been a disappointment if you look at his stats but he wasn't brought in to score we have tons of guys for that, he was brought in to give more flexibility in line matchups when Babcock isn't able to line match away in the playoffs. Before the deal Kadri was our only guy and if they got whoever away from him, you had a 4th line that was eh and a Bozak/JVR third line that you never want out so Matthews got thrown into the defensive role while meant less time scoring for us.

Let's be honest thought, Plek was brought in in case we face Boston because he has done well against them before. If the Leafs get bounced in the first round without facing them or they get eliminated by Boston and Plek made no difference then it was a bad trade.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Adam Henrique.

Ducks made it at least to the WCF and he is talked about as is there Centre Playoff Experiences Depth of Getzlaf - Kesler (rested) - Henrique - Vermette

A mixture of players who have all won the cup or been to the finals.

From what I've seen Vanek has been ridiculous with CBJ. I'm betting on him and perhaps Evander Kane.

Vanek's whole career he's been absolutely ridiculous. whether that's good or bad, it flickers.

I fully expect Kane to get no points. take bad penalties and be swept. Nothing against the Sharks who have done a marvellous job, and he's looked good there. But I see the Kings or Ducks beating San Jose, with a "!" stamped next to it. As in 4-5, 6 at the most. Just a gut feeling.

EK9 as they call him, has shown signs of brilliance. He gets that way playing with talented Centres, he had a stretch earlier this season with Eichel that was even better then he did now, 19 G 36 pts in 39 GP with Eichel, 3 goals 6 points in the next 19 when not with him.

The strong environment in SJ, and the leadership mixed with what guys like Pavelski, Coutoure can do with a good sniper like him can't be underestimated/

I just don't see it for SJ this year, and IMO this will be like SJ adding Bill Guerin all those years ago at the deadline only to be knocked out early too

If I'm wrong I'll be the first one to admit it..

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Watching Kane in the playoffs is going to be interesting. He fits like a glove with this team. If him Pavelski and Donskoi continuing playing like they were before Donskoi and then Kane went down, watch out! They were more dominant than the Hertl-Thornton-Pavelski line.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Rick Nash. I know he has a bit of a bad reputation in the playoffs but he’s snake bitten a lot in the playoffs for the Rangers, but if he can get healthy I can see see him being a really useful player for the Bruins at even strength and on the PK.

Also Ryan Hartman, looked like he was poised for a big playoffs last year but only played 4 games, could see him scoring some big goals for the Preds.

Last edited:

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
It isn't how I imagined seeing my first live hometown Stanley Cup, but Tomas Plekanec, Conn Smythe winner.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Watching Kane in the playoffs is going to be interesting. He fits like a glove with this team. If him Pavelski and Donskoi continuing playing like they were before Donskoi and then Kane went down, watch out! They were more dominant than the Hertl-Thornton-Pavelski line.

I'm sorry but I just can't help but laugh at posts like Kane will be a PPG player. Not you, the guy above.

He's extremely inconsistent.

At the beginning of the season he was a PPG player for abour 2 months, of course thanks in part to the guy in my AV who did most of the work, watching Kane go goaless for 19 straight games after Eichel switched lines was interesting.

I know he's done well in SJ but I see this a lot like Bill Guerin's addition to the Sharks. Was that in 07? It didn't work so well.

But FULL MARKS TO YOUR SHARKS, they have snuck up on everyone this year, your coach seems great, you guys proved you could do it in the post-season.

I just have to see Kane perform well in the playoffs to believe it.

If I'm wrong, like I said, I'll eat my words and give him full marks.

hagelin1381

Mar 27, 2016
Orlando, FL
It'll be interesting to see how other teams try to play the Brassard line.. Could cause a lot of mayhem. Other guesses are probably JT Miller and Mcdonagh as well as Stastny

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad