Pothier

Prusek/UFA
Emery

scary

Jeff Goldblum

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
Captain Conservative said:
You don't think the Pens will make any big FA signings?

I'm sure they will, but I'm not THAT good at predicting the future. ;)

So I just went with what the Pens have now and what they have waiting in the wings. Who knows, we could pick up a nice player in the upcoming draft as well.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Captain Conservative said:
Hadn't heard anything about that. I disagree about Olie. I think he was excellent in 03-04.

He was horrible 1st half. Ouellet can't wait another year. He could start this year, if at the very least split time with Olie. I'd be stunned if Kolzig was our starting goalie after this year in any capacity.

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
Ismellofhockey said:
OTTAWA:

Havlat - Spezza - Hossa
Fisher - Kaigorodov - Alfredsson
Schaefer - Vermette - Eaves
Varada - Kelly/UFA - Neil

Phillips - Chara
Redden - Volchenkov
Meszaros - UFA
Pothier

Prusek/UFA
Emery

:eek: I know that 29 starting goalies are going to be scared to face this lineup.

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
And then we get to the point in time where teams realize what NFL teams realized (all except the Pats, that is). That they can't afford to hold onto all their talent because they don't fit under the salary cap, and then some star players have to be let go.

gars59

Jan 16, 2005
Trois-Rivières
it's nice to dream :biglaugh:

Ryder-Lecavalier-perezhogin
Hossa-koivu-kostitsyn
higgins-chipchura-Bonk
Begin-lapierre-Ward

Markov - Komisarek
Luc bourdon- ohlund
Hainsey-Yemelin

Danis
ufa

in 2005 the canadian draft luc bourdon

theodore+plekaneck vs lecavalier : with the retirement of khabibulin, tb want to have a good goalie , or Montrea want to see yann danis number one
mike ribeiro and sheldon souray + first round 2006 vs ohlund

Last edited:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
EroCaps said:
He was horrible 1st half. Ouellet can't wait another year. He could start this year, if at the very least split time with Olie. I'd be stunned if Kolzig was our starting goalie after this year in any capacity.

The whole team stunk in the first half of last year. It wasn't just Kolzig. He did let in some 'softies' but... he also never had more than 2-3 legit defensemen in front of him at any time.

I have a strong feeling that Ouellet and to a lesser extent Ovechkin/Semin(and a top pick hopefully) are going to determine whether or not Kolzig stays. If Ouellet is kinda lack luster like he was this past year (he was 'good' but not ready to carry a team) then Kolzig's going to have to stick around till someone is brought in that can carry the torch. GMGM is not going to ruin a prize prospect throwing him to the wolves in front of a young team. And secondly, if Ovechkin/Semin make the Caps look like a potential contender for the playoffs in 2 years, as opposed to the 4-5 it realistically might take, Kolzig might not go. Kolzig could split time (or start for 2 years time) and give Ouellet or Max II time ot develop while the Caps push for the playoffs. However, I don't know if that will play out. It depends on how good Ovechkin and company can be. I also wouldn't be shocked to see the Caps take a goalie at some point in the next draft, (probably in round 2 or late Round 1) to get another netminder in the pipelines, if Ouellet falters or Kolzig stays around for a while.

Now, all that's to say that I do feel GMGM will dangle Kolzig, but probably won't ship him out unless it's a really good deal at deadline time to a potential contender. With his contract, I don't see that happening. And though Kolzig's contract is expensive, in some ways, it offers the Caps the ability to not sign a whole lot of players to get over the minimum amount in the cap if need be.

cxreg

Nov 13, 2003
Seattle
Philly: (This is close to what it will probably be *this* year but Eager and Rosie aren't ready yet. Also, my lines probably suck but it's my best guess :dunno: )

Gagne - Carter - Eager
Sharp - Richards - Ruzicka
Kapanen - Primeau - Knuble
Radivojevic - Umberger - Stevenson

Johnsson - Markov
Pitkanen - Neidermeyer :D
Seidenberg - UFA

Niittymaki
Esche or Beauchemin

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
Almost a lot like today's roster!

Bell - Ruutu - Calder
Bourque - Arnason - ?
Barnaby - Yakubov - M Keith
Ellison - Fraser - ?

Barker - Cullimore
Seabrook - Vandermeer
McCarthy - Babchuk
Barinka

?
Crawford

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
nomorekids said:
I'll play.

Hartnell Crosby ;) Radulov
Erat Legwand Upshall
Shishkanov Shafigulin Hall
Pivko Smith Tootoo

Suter - Hamhuis
Weber - Timonen
Zidlicky - Eaton

Vokoun
Lassila

Do you realize that none of our top 9 forwards would be over the age of 27 and that three would be under the age of 24? I tried to resist the temptation to just name prospects and instead justify whether some of our top players would remain. Sullivan, if he signs a deal, could easily sign a three year deal. That would realistically put him as a Predator, if he signs with us, in three years. Walker, if he's resigned at the end of his deal or if it is extended only slightly, will be a Predator in 3 years. Neither of those scenerios is farfetched. At least not as farfetched as expecting a contending team to have a 22 year old winger and a 21 year old center on their first line to start out the 2007-2008 season (if you go by a literal translation of 3 years from today, the ages would drop to 21 and 20 respectively). :p: :snide:

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
SmokeyClause said:
Do you realize that none of our top 9 forwards would be over the age of 27 and that three would be under the age of 24? I tried to resist the temptation to just name prospects and instead justify whether some of our top players would remain. Sullivan, if he signs a deal, could easily sign a three year deal. That would realistically put him as a Predator, if he signs with us, in three years. Walker, if he's resigned at the end of his deal or if it is extended only slightly, will be a Predator in 3 years. Neither of those scenerios is farfetched. At least not as farfetched as expecting a contending team to have a 22 year old winger and a 21 year old center on their first line to start out the 2007-2008 season (if you go by a literal translation of 3 years from today, the ages would drop to 21 and 20 respectively). :p: :snide:
i was trying to do it in a sense that i was ignoring any kind of signing..and on the assumption that walker is in his last contract\sullivan isn't re-signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad