What number will Ovechkin wear in the NHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

in the hall

Mar 4, 2004
he probably does not have the luxory of picking his own number on dynamo given that it is a much more senior team.. 8 is also more likely to be a number of his preference.. 8 is my guess too..

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
I'd say he'll wear 99 and 66 because he's better than Gretzky and Mario combined! He's "The Next Great Magnificent Super-Duper One!"

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Wow I love these new faces.
:banana: Ovechkin prefers #8 because his mother won two Olympic Gold medals with it. He can't have it in Dynamo though because it's already taken by a much older player who--I think but I'm not sure--is the Captain. Ovechkin said in an interview that he didn't even ask for the number. So he wears #32 with Dyanmo Moscow and #8 whenever he can. He wore #10 once too on the Senior Nation Team. #8 was taken then too. He definetly prefers #8 though. Said so himself.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
sveiglar said:
I'd say he'll wear 99 and 66 because he's better than Gretzky and Mario combined! He's "The Next Great Magnificent Super-Duper One!"
Don't stop there. Why not throw in Orr, Howe,and Richard.

Sebastien Centomo

Feb 29, 2004
www.tmlfans.ca
Foppa_Rules said:
:banana: Ovechkin prefers #8 because his mother won two Olympic Gold medals with it. He can't have it in Dynamo though because it's already taken by a much older player who--I think but I'm not sure--is the Captain. Ovechkin said in an interview that he didn't even ask for the number. So he wears #32 with Dyanmo Moscow and #8 whenever he can. He wore #10 once too on the Senior Nation Team. #8 was taken then too. He definetly prefers #8 though. Said so himself.

Alexander Troschinsky (30 yr, I'm pretty sure) wore #8 with Dynamo last year. I have no idea if he's the captain, though. Anyone know?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Foppa_Rules said:

Gotcha.

:bow:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
JFPIV said:
He won't wear a number at all.
He'll wear the mathematic symbol for infinity, which is actually an eight on its side.
Oooooh, coincidence? I don't think so! :amazed:
Like Prince!

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
tom_servo said:
I hope it's #8. Added incentive to get rid of Bradley.

That's how I think too, but I'd rather it be #9.

Or he can flip flop 32 and be 23, now that would be the best, I think. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->