What nationality is the name "Yzerman"

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
I can't seem to find any information about this, but does anybody know what ethnicity/nationality the name "Yzerman" is? I've never seen anybody else with that name, ever.

I think he's technically a black/native guy from Tasmania but is still mostly Dutch/Irish/Asian.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Pretty positive it's Dutch, not that it hasn't been mentioned.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Dutch. Source: am Dutch. It comes from the surname Ijzerman, which basically means "iron man". Basically his ancestor was either a blacksmith or worked with metals

Reactions: Realgud

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Hi, I made this account JUST to answer your question.
My last name is also Yzerman, and it's of Dutch origin and its meaning is "Man of steel" which is referring to thousands of years ago when they were commonly known as blacksmiths.

Normally when a topic that's 9 years old gets brought back to life, it's almost a joke in nature. But your post was awesome. I hope you stay!

Reactions: Realgud

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Ok so...

We need a photoshop of Stevie as both Superman and another as Iron Man ASAP.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Correct.

But there is also the Yzer river in Belgium. Could be belgian descent.

Belgian descent is basically Dutch anyways. Belgium hasnt been a country very long in the grand scheme and split off from the Netherlands in the 1800s. The southern part of the Netherlands was catholic, didnt like the king and had a revolution. Northern Netherlands are more Christian Reformed/calvinist/dutch reformed, the Catholics spplit into Belgium more aligned with the Catholic french king.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad