What most impressed you about Mario Lemieux?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Shake*

VanIslander said:
I used to describe it as a calmness. Often it was like he was doing ti-chi. Like Steven Segal doing some martial art stretches in the morning. It was erie.

Very true. The funny part was, you never wanted to make him mad. Cause when he was mad he just wanted to score even more.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Sometimes when Lemieux had the puck, it was like the House of Blue Leaves scene in Kill Bill. One flinch, and all opponents would step back.

Habsaku

Apr 28, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Okay I'll start of by saying my opinion of him. The only time I've ever had shivers watching TV has been Koivu's and Lemieux's return, magical moments I almost had tears. To me, Lemieux is the best athlete of any sport I know of based on skill alone. When he decided to be on, there was no stopping him .I feel really sad to never have witness his debut in the league because I was too young, but what I remember in the 90s was incredible. The guy has an aura around him, when he came back to Pittsburgh you could see it shined more then ever, I was hoping so much they win the stanley cup. Pittsburgh is the only team I've ever cheered for other then the Habs and tahts strickly because of Lemieux. People hate him because he's often shy and doesnt like the spotlight but he's a gentleman. If theres a guy I respect more in hockey its Jean Béliveau but I've never had the chance to see him play.
Anyways, the thing that impressed me the most about Lemieux is when you saw him play you knew you were watching a legend, you knew you werent gonna see this ever again.
From what I hear, it was the same for Bobby Orr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->