What (literally) is the worst that could happen to the Stars next year?

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Yes, depressed enough about current state of affairs. But this thought popped into my head - it could be worse!

What else can go wrong for the Stars as they move to re-tool next year?

My guess would be Seguin announces intention to test UFA, but has injury just before TDL, meaning they get no value out of him.

Other thoughts on coach, draft, GM, etc.?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I agree with you. Seguin leaving would kill us and be the absolute worst thing that could happen. No matter how bad we are we need to resign him

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
That would be bad, but from a team makeup POV the worst thing that can happen for me is:

Nill stays pat and doesn't make a trade/sign a UFA for improved scoring. Preferably adding a couple players(somehow).

I don't think promoting forwards from within will be good enough unless some magical rookie seasons occur.

But I have the same concerns about this as @FirstRowUpperDeck mentioned in the Clean House thread. I'm not sure adding enough impactful forwards can even work. If it doesn't, I can't see a different outcome without a new coach/new system from Hitch or the aforementioned magical rookie seasons. Or more than likely, both.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I'll give you my top two worst things.

Next to worst: Nill gives Kari an extension.

Worst thing: Let's say Seguin doesn't sign an extension this summer and lets Nill know he intends to test free agency. Let's also say the Stars are in one of the two wild card spots heading into the trade deadline. The worst thing that would happen would be Nill trading Seguin at the deadline for a bag of magic beans and the Stars then fall apart and miss the playoffs again. That's the worst-case scenario for me.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
That Jim Nill and his confederation of numskulls are still around to screw up some more.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Worst thing that can happen is they miss the playoffs again . Getting tired of watching other teams all spring .

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
1) Stick with Hitch and the same scouts.

2) Make another reach at the draft in the 1st. Draft more junk.

3) Bring back the same forward group. No changes.

4) Hitch scratches Honka and Heiskanen half the games.

5) In the mix for playoffs around the deadline so we hold onto Seguin hoping to make a playoff push. (IE Tavares/Islanders)

6) Barely miss the playoffs getting the 15th overall pick.

7) Seguin leaves for nothing.

Worst part is I could see all of this happening.

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
I'll give you my top two worst things.

Next to worst: Nill gives Kari an extension.

Worst thing: Let's say Seguin doesn't sign an extension this summer and lets Nill know he intends to test free agency. Let's also say the Stars are in one of the two wild card spots heading into the trade deadline. The worst thing that would happen would be Nill trading Seguin at the deadline for a bag of magic beans and the Stars then fall apart and miss the playoffs again. That's the worst-case scenario for me.

We need a goalie. Who would you bring in? It can’t be some backup type because we need another starter since Bishop cannot stay healthy and thus can’t be relied on.

Reactions: Kuola

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
The worst thing hmm? Stars decide to sign Sean Avery to help with their secondary scoring

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->