What kind of potential does Ryder have??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs4ever

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal, (Quebec)
Visit site
he's one of the late bloomer but was unbelievable last year, and is coming up strong this early season so who does he compare to what kind of potential does he have, he's reached top level at every league he's played considering he wasn't considered top prospect just two year's ago does he have enough to make as top six on consistent basis for habs??

BlackJack21

Nov 6, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Habs4ever said:
he's one of the late bloomer but was unbelievable last year, and is coming up strong this early season so who does he compare to what kind of potential does he have, he's reached top level at every league he's played considering he wasn't considered top prospect just two year's ago does he have enough to make as top six on consistent basis for habs??

Very high end 3rd liner...

40-50 pts at his best, Hard worker and energy player that can play good D and can hit hard.

He will get 35-40 pts most of the tie IMO.

Seeing what he already did in the NHL, I may be wrog, but I really think he is a little bit over is capacities right now...

I hope I'm wrong and that Jason Ward is roght.

"He is the best pure goal scorer I have ever seen live''
-Jason Ward :D

BJ21

MentalPowerHouse

Oct 11, 2003
The only game I've seen of his was the leafs opener and he was the best player on the ice. I like the way he plays, but I'm not sure if he has the hands to finish which might hold him back from being great top liner.

Patty Roy

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Visit site
BlackJack21 said:
"He is the best pure goal scorer I have ever seen live''
-Jason Ward :D

Not to mention Saku Koivu, who during camp said something along the lines of "Ryder has 1st line player written all over him".

I'm not sure what kind of career Ryder is going to have in the NHL, but I do think that his upside is quite high. He's a late bloomer who really seems to be developing by the day.

Spiffy

Players like Ward and Ryder are exactly the type of players the Habs need. Pleased to see them working with their "own" material and finding success.

Spiffy

Patty Roy said:
Not to mention Saku Koivu, who during camp said something along the lines of "Ryder has 1st line player written all over him".

I'm not sure what kind of career Ryder is going to have in the NHL, but I do think that his upside is quite high. He's a late bloomer who really seems to be developing by the day.
When Saku comes back I'd like to see if Ryder could find some chemistry with him. If he does it might give him the first line duty already.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I've seen Ryder play twice live thus far this season and once on TV, and in each game he was arguably the best player on the ice.

And going into this season, I have to admit I never thought he would amount to a scoring line forward, as I was never that impressed with his potential when he played in Hull.

But he changed my opnion of him without question.

Unless what I saw was an anomoly (which I don't believe given it was three games), this guy should be a scoring line forward with out question. He is the most impressive young forward on the Habs in my opinion. Better than Hossa, Ward, Ribiero or anyone else (age notwithstanding of course).

The guy simply creates scoring chances for himself, and seems to really have a nifty release on his shot (and no how to position himself to get it off).

He is the most pleasantly surprising player I have seen all year. I don't see any reason he can't be a 20-25 goal scorer, and with the right linemates (Hello Saku...), maybe more.

RE-HABS

Feb 27, 2002
CANADA
JasonMacIsaac said:
Every time someone sticks a potential on him he surpasses it. The guy may end up playing 2nd line or 1st. He is a hard worker and keeps improveing on his play. He is already one of my favorite prospects, anyone comming from Newfoundland I like.
Great comments, this kid keeps coming at you with a never say never attitude. Put a hurdle in front of him and he'll jump it and ask you for another, whatever he does won't surprise me...I think he could be a legit Power Forward with an outside chance of becoming a 30 goal scorer, he get's a lot of shots...as long as he gets quality ice time and plays with quality players he will keep improving and amazing the fans and the critics.

KOMO_ROCKS

Feb 21, 2003
Richmond, B.C
JasonMacIsaac said:
He has a really hard shot also, he plays a style close to Iginla I find. I'm happy Montreal finally got their ideal player that they have been searching for the past 5 years.

Same here...i sure hope becomes into the player Iginla is now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad