What kids should make their NHL debut...

whatthef

Failure is an Option
Mar 1, 2007
Upper Darby
The Flyers are mostly kids right now, I don't know that we have room for any more unless we bench York. But that wouldn't amount to much ice time anyway.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I doubt that Price plays for the Habs this year. The playoffs start next week, Tri City looks like they will get Seattle at home. Should be a good series, Seattle has been red hot lately, although their only loss in their last 12 was to Price and TC. If Tri City gets knocked out early there's a chance but I would assume Price is playing for TC till the end of the month. The Habs have only 3 games in April and Huet is due to start working out with the team this week, so he might be back before April. If Huet is back the Habs would have 4 goalies, Price would make it 5.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I made a very rough list of prospects who could make their debut, as some of them are currently signed or may soon be signed and may get a taste of the NHL (or may just be late cuts from training camp).

I guess this is a bit of a rough list of prospects who may be NHL ready, so don't take this as me saying all of the below prospects will play next season. Let me know if there are any more names to add to the list.

Code:
TEAM	NAME	Pos.
ANA	Bobby Ryan	RW
ANA	Mark Mitera	D
ANA	Brendan Mikkelson	D
ATL	Bryan Little	C
ATL	Brett Sterling	LW
ATL	Boris Valabik	D
BOS	Tuukka Rask	G
BOS	Petr Kalus	RW
BOS	Martins Karsums	RW
BUF	Marek Zagrapan	C
CGY	Leland Irving	G
CGY	Kris Chucko	LW
CGY	Andrei Taratukhin	C
CGY	Curtis McElhinney	G
CGY	David Van der Gulik	LW
CGY	Tim Ramholt	D
CGY	Matt Pelech	D
CAR	Justin Peters	G
CAR	Pat Dwyer	RW
CHI	Jonathan Toews	C
CHI	Jack Skille	RW
CHI	Bryan Bickell	LW
CHI	Jonas Nordqvist	C
CHI	Adam Berti	LW
COL	Johnny Boychuk	D
CLB	Derick Brassard	C
CLB	Adam Pineault	RW
DAL	Matt Niskanen	D
DAL	Mark Fistric	D
DAL	Yared Hagos	C
DAL	Marty Sertich	C
DET	Jakub Kindl	D
DET	Stefan Liv	G
DET	Igor Grigorenko	RW
DET	Jonathan Ericsson	D
EDM	Rob Schremp	C
EDM	Ryan O'Marra	C
EDM	Andrew Cogliano	C
EDM	Taylor Chorney	D
EDM	Slava Trukhno	LW
FLA	Michael Frolik	C
FLA	Kenndal McArdle	LW
FLA	Stefan Meyer	LW
LA	Jack Johnson	D
LA	Jonathan Bernier	G
LA	Matt Moulson	LW
LA	Trevor Lewis	C
MIN	James Sheppard	C
MIN	Roman Voloshenko	LW
MIN	Ondrej Fiala	C
MIN	Danny Irmen	RW
MTL	Carey Price	G
MTL	Kyle Chipchura	C
MTL	Juraj Mikus	C
MTL	Andre Benoit	D
MTL	Corey Locke	C
NSH	Cody Franson	D
NSH	Brandon Segal	RW
NJ	Nicklas Bergfors	RW
NJ	Petr Vrana	C
NJ	David Clarkson	RW
NJ	Frank Doyle	G
NJ	Jordan Parise	G
NJ	Jeff Frazee	G
NYI	Kyle Okposo	RW
NYR	Marc Staal	D
NYR	Lauri Korpikoski	LW
NYR	Alex Bourret	RW
NYR	Dwight Helminen	C
NYR	Hannu Pikkarainen	D
OTW	Brian Lee	D
OTW	Brian Elliott	G
PHI	Steve Downie	RW
PHI	Ryan Parent	D
PHI	Claude Giroux	RW
PHI	Oskars Bartulis	D
PHX	Peter Mueller	C
PHX	Martin Hanzal	C
PHX	Josh Tordjman	G
PIT	Ryan Stone	C
PIT	Jonathan Filewich	RW
PIT	Alex Goligoski	D
PIT	Tyler Kennedy	C
PIT	Stephen Dixon	C
SJ	Devin Setoguchi	RW
SJ	Ty Wishart	D
SJ	Thomas Greiss	G
SJ	Lukas Kaspar	LW
SJ	Dan Spang	D
SJ	Mike Morris	RW
STL	Erik Johnson	D
STL	T.J. Oshie	C
STL	Carl Soderberg	C
STL	Ben Bishop	G
TB	Riku Helenius	G
TB	Marek Kvapil	LW
TB	Andy Rogers	D
TB	Matt Smaby	D
TOR	Jiri Tlusty	LW
TOR	Justin Pogge	G
TOR	Robbie Earl	LW
TOR	Nikolai Kulemin	LW
VAN	Michael Grabner	RW
VAN	Cory Schneider	G
WSH	Nicklas Backstrom	C
WSH	Chris Bourque	LW
WSH	Maxime Daigneault	G

john skull

Jul 1, 2004
New York City
for dallas, not hagos. I've seen that guy play a couple of times this year and he's slightly better than a spare in the ahl, getting older not better. But lessard(who I think would have been called up already if not for injuries) seems to have a fare amount of skill. Polak could also see more time depending on our offseason roster moves. Fistric I think has a ways to go. Grossman is sooo much more solid in his own end. Don't ask him to shoot, but the guy is poised in his own end, cleans up his own messes.

edit:and niskanen is in college and word I've heard is he's going to finish his eligibility.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
I made a very rough list of prospects who could make their debut, as some of them are currently signed or may soon be signed and may get a taste of the NHL (or may just be late cuts from training camp).

I guess this is a bit of a rough list of prospects who may be NHL ready, so don't take this as me saying all of the below prospects will play next season. Let me know if there are any more names to add to the list.
Zap's no where near the NHL for Buffalo, but, I guess with the spate of defensive injuries early and forward injuries late, he will probably be the next to make his Sabres debut :help:

iceman42

May 7, 2003
Enfield, NH
With both the Flyers not making the playoffs and the Phantoms likely not making the playoffs I don't see any of the mentioned Philly prospects being called up.

PHI Steve Downie RW - Playoffs
PHI Ryan Parent D - Playoffs
PHI Claude Giroux RW - Playoffs
PHI Oskars Bartulis D - Playoffs

There is a RUMOR from 2 different sources that Jonathan Matsumoto (BGSU/NCAA) was signed/signing and should be at Phantoms practice by the end of this week, again this is a RUMOR that I have heard.

Zim

Jan 19, 2006
I don't see Chicago giving any more rookies a shot at the NHL right now. With Norofolk playing well it'd be better to keep them in the AHL so they can have a shot at the Calder Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad