Speculation: What Jets forward will scratched the most this season?

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Unlike past seasons where an aging veteran would occupy a press box spot, this season there's a lot of youth at the bottom of the lineup.

What forward do you feel will lead the team as a healthy scratch?

1) Kyle Connor
2) Andrew Copp
3) Marco Dano
4) Brendan Lemieux
5) Shawn Matthias
6) Nic Petan
7) Jack Roslovic
8) Brendan Tanev

Poll up for the next 24 hours.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Unlike past seasons where an aging veteran would occupy a press box spot, this season there's a lot of youth at the bottom of the lineup.

What forward do you feel will lead the team as a healthy scratch?

1) Kyle Connor
2) Andrew Copp
3) Marco Dano
4) Brendan Lemieux
5) Shawn Matthias
6) Nic Petan
7) Jack Roslovic
8) Brendan Tanev

ps tried to create a poll, but didn't work to well.

Think Lemieux, Roslovic and Tanev are Moose bound, so I will say Matthais.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Lemieux doesn't even get a look unless we get ravaged by injuries.

Edit.

I voted the one I thought was getting the least amount of NHL games this year....

Pressbox stints only I go with Matthias and Tanev

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I fear it will be Petan. He will be traded by the deadline or not re-sign with the Jets.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Think Lemieux, Roslovic and Tanev are Moose bound, so I will say Matthais.

I figure it is Lemieux, Roslovic and maybe Petan headed for the Moose so I voted Tanev but Matthias would be my second choice if we were allowed 2.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
I voted Petan, but does he not need waivers to go to the Moose? If that's the case then he might just be sent down.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I can't see the Jets keeping Lemieux around in the PB. He either makes the team outright or he is with the Moose, same as Roslovic and Connor.
It's probably between Copp, Dano, Matthias, Petan and Tanev. Petan can still be sent down if need be. Though he could join the Jets on road trips depending on a number of factors if he doesn't make the team.
If I had to guess I'd say Tanev spends more time in the PB than anyone this year unless we get a rash of injuries again.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I fear it will be Petan. He will be traded by the deadline or not re-sign with the Jets.

He's going to retire?

I don't think Lemieux or Petan will start with the team so I will say Tanev...Roslo starts on the Moose but if he is up, he won't sit many games.

1) Brendan Tanev
2) Marco Dano
3) Shawn Matthias
4) Kyle Connor
5) Andrew Copp

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
He's going to retire?

I don't think Lemieux or Petan will start with the team so I will say Tanev...Roslo starts on the Moose but if he is up, he won't sit many games.

1) Brendan Tanev
2) Marco Dano
3) Shawn Matthias
4) Kyle Connor
5) Andrew Copp

That would be an absolute travesty if Petan doesn't make the Jets but Tanev somehow does.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Petan is he's still constantly on the wrong side of puck, unable to compete for pucks and gets robbed of the puck anytime anyone is near him. I voted Petan, I think he deserves what he gets.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Petan is he's still constantly on the wrong side of puck, unable to compete for pucks and gets robbed of the puck anytime anyone is near him. I voted Petan, I think he deserves what he gets.

Tanev is consistently on the wrong side of the Puck. Petan has no such problem. He was careless at times, but he was good with quality players and trash with trash (Tanev & Thorburn).

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

I hope it won't be Petan. He is still waiver exempt so if he isn't going to play I want him sent down, not sitting in the PB.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
IMO Matthias, Sgarbossa and Tanev are pretty clearly the guys on the margin of the nightly roster.

Could be any one of them, but I voted Tanev.

Injuries will likely keep Matthias in the lineup a fair bit of the time.

Sgarbossa vs Tanev really comes down to which one Maurice ends up liking more, so flip a coin. I give a slight edge to Tanev just because Sgarbossa I could see spending more time in the AHL to boost the Moose.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I voted Brendan Tanev -- but I'd also vote for Brandon Tanev, this year's winner of the Jet Sound & Fury Award, given to the teammate Who Tries Really Hard and Jolly Well Does The Best He Can While Doing Nothing Really And Should Be Benched Until There Is No One Left Who Is Able To Skate...

...But I fear it will be Petan, because PoMo understands him like I understand fluid dynamics, which is not at all, though I wouldn't do my best to screw up the career of fluid dynamics by pairing it with, say, some concept from Chemistry or Social Work it could never understand.

And now, another dram of Highland Park.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Uhh Tanev is like Mo's second Lowry. He loves him. He's not getting boxed. It's either Petan or Dano, and I'm going to say Petan because we are stronger on left wing.

I think if MLA gets broken up then Matthias could be PB.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I voted Brendan Tanev -- but I'd also vote for Brandon Tanev, this year's winner of the Jet Sound & Fury Award, given to the teammate Who Tries Really Hard and Jolly Well Does The Best He Can While Doing Nothing Really And Should Be Benched Until There Is No One Left Who Is Able To Skate...

...But I fear it will be Petan, because PoMo understands him like I understand fluid dynamics, which is not at all, though I wouldn't do my best to screw up the career of fluid dynamics by pairing it with, say, some concept from Chemistry or Social Work it could never understand.

And now, another dram of Highland Park.

Channeling Douglas Adams tonight, are we? :laugh:

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
I don't think it would be petan because that would require him to be on the roster. maybe sgarbossa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->