What jersey number do you wear and why?

Marc008

Sep 10, 2006
Ontario
bruinsfans.freeforums.org
I love #8 beabause of Cam Neely but I also like #14 #12 and now #37 beacause of Bergeron but I dont know why for some reason I always seem to get #11 but I try to switch it.I dont care that much anymore about what # I wear just has long as its not #13 beacause I really hate that #.

Funny fact I was reading in a book about numbers the other day that when Cam Neely joined the Bruins he didnt want to wear #8 he wanted 26 but it was allready taken but then that player left and he asked if he could have 26 the trainer told him that I think it was Harry Sinden that he should stick with #8 beacuase it looked good and so he did.

Jawsh

Jan 2, 2007
#14.

I picked it 'cause i thought it looked cool.

Also, I can't think of any real players of 'legendary' status that wore number 14. If anyone can, please post... and please don't say Raffi Torres.

packt

Jul 17, 2006
Denver, CO
#14.

I picked it 'cause i thought it looked cool.

Also, I can't think of any real players of 'legendary' status that wore number 14. If anyone can, please post... and please don't say Raffi Torres.

Brendan Shanahan, Theo Fluery those are the first two off the top of my head.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Started off weating 25 becauseof Kevin Stevens. Kept it that way for a while. About 5 yrs ago started wearing #80 as a tribute to my uncle who was murdered when I was a kid because thats the number he wore in HS.

oileral

Sep 10, 2005
Edmonton
when i was younger playing in minor hockey, i'd go for number 9, no reason really, just like the number.

then when i played for club team i had 21, the higher the number the smaller the size of jersey. and

in my beer league i'm wearing 23, a guy that quit the team had the same last name as me, so i didn't need to buy a name bar, what a deal!

YogiCanucks

Jan 1, 2007
Vancouver BC
I didn't pick a number until this year (first organized hockey). I was going to go with 13, because it's my wife's birthday (1/13/79), but someone on the team already had it. So I went with 79 instead.

In some ways, 79 is a better number anyway; virtually nobody else has it, and nobody really famous ever used it, so there's no issue there. It's all me. :)

13 would have been good. Wouldn't ever forget your wifes b-day :D

I originally always had 11 for all sports but then it reminded me of Messier (I think he's ugly =p) and some other guy on my team got 11 so now I wear 14 for no reason other than is a cool number. Tho is can also be associated with Alex Burrows who had a simlar style of play.

LamborGREENie

Oct 2, 2006
Montreal
69 Because no great player in NHL History has ever worn that number
25 Because most grinders wear number 25
43 Because of Patrice Brisebois in Montreal

WashCapsfan4life8

Jan 4, 2007
Virginia
These are the numbers i have worn. I usually wear 12 but alot of times t was taken before i got there. I only had 12 4 out of my 10 seasons. I cant play anymore due to injury:(

12 - For Peter Bondra, hes my favorite player of all time
77 - For Adam Oates, 12 was taken
10 - For Peter Bondra when he was on the senators he used 10 and 12 was taken
85 - That year the numbers were 65-85 so i chose the last one and cuz i couldn't think of a player with 85 in the NHL
17 - For Joe Juneau and Chris Clark and 12 was taken
8 - For Alexander Ovechkin, 12 was taken
And 72/73 wore 72 1 game then gave the jersey to my coach to get my last name on it and he lost it so i got 73

Last edited:

OilerNut*

-The year the Oilers joined the NHL
-The year I was born
-The numbers in reverse, 97 is the year I graduated

Nov 26, 2006
Fresno, CA
#6 in honor of Ace Bailey.

he was a friend of my grandpa's, my dad has several letters written from Ace to my grandpa, they'd play pool together often way back when.

Sixty Six

Feb 28, 2003
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
In HS i wore 74 cause i wanted 7 (Andrew Ference) but it was taken so i went after coffey's 77 (Ferences idol) and that was taken, so i settled on 74 (coffey's # in his short stint as a bruin)

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
45. 4+5 = 9. I couldn't wear 9 in high school, so I went with 45, and it stuck.

Plus Rudy wore #45. And Lanny McDonald wore #9.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS

In 1995, the Fredericton Canadiens (obviously, the farm team of the Montreal Canadiens) went on a playoff run that took them all the way to the Calder Cup finals, where they got swept by the Hershey Bears. A lot of the credit for that run went to a goaltender named Patrick Labrecque, #29, who got on a great hot streak. He never caught on in the NHL, only playing a couple of games as Patrick Roy's backup the next season before Roy was dealt and the goaltending applecart got turned upside-down, leaving Labrecque out.

I had never really picked a favourite number before that year. It's been 29 ever since.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->