What is Your Guess of a Bergevin "Re-Tool"?

brianp1950

Sep 28, 2017
Set aside what you want us to do... What is your guess at a Bergevin "re-tool"? Mine is as follows. Posted this in another thread and thought it would be interesting to see what others think Bergevin will do this summer

- Drafts Zadina and he plays on our roster at the age of 18/19
- He keeps Patch and re-signs him. 5 year deal at $6.5M
- Signs Stastny to a 4 year deal at $7M
- Signs Pleky to a 1 year deal at $3M
- Re-Signs Danault to a 6 year deal at $3.5M
- Re-Signs DLR to a 2 year deal at $1M
- Trades Galchenyuk, Byron, Schlemko for Hanifin and a grade B prospect.

Drouin / Stastny / Zadina
Patch / Danault / Scherbak
Lehkonen / Pleky / Gallagher
Hudon / DLR / Shaw

Deslauriers, Carr

Mete / Weber
Hanifin / Petry
Alzner / Juulsen

Reilly, Benn

Price
Niemi

Still about $5M in cap space believe it or not. Do I like it? Meh, it's better than last year's roster I guess. Possible 1st round or 2nd round playoff exit.
no to trading galychenyuk, would like to see how he fits with the new. guys. aos Pleky at 1 million. We traded pleky who did nothing and retained salary for Rychel, AHl, sounds like valsiliev will play in russia plas there was another d mand that came our way.If we sign Plek for 3 million after the trade we amde with the leafs, MB dererves the title of baffoon.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Bergevin's Retool for Dummies

Step 1: Draft Tkatchuk, injecting all that bloodline, attitude and character to the prospect pool.
Step 2: Trade Galchenyuk for whatever 3rd line winger of the team that wins this year's Stanley Cup.
Step 3: Sign Jack Johnson to a multi-million multi-year deal, believing the man isn't finished and can be this team's #1 LD.
Step 4: Re-sign Plekanec to fill this team's 2C role.
Step 5: Give an offer to Tavares and fail to get him.
Step 6: Miss the playoffs (20-18-2019).
Step 7: Draft a Center in the 2019 Draft.
Step 8: Convert said Center to a winger.
Step 9: ???
Step 10: Profit

You know that most if not all of it can actually really happen? lol

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I have a scoop.

I found out who's going to be our next guy picked high

33540493_10155608103951801_7769952685821788160_o.jpg

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Hanifin, Lindholm and 2nd OA for Gallagher, Chucky and 3rd OA.
Jesus Christ. Who’s gonna score? We already f***ing suck
I’ll pass hard on that trade
Arguably are two best wingers for a second line centre at best and prettt decent dman
Svenchnikiv and Zadina have very little difference at this moment

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Very VERY doubtful. Wingers for defence doesn’t happen often unless you’re Marc willing to get bent over based on heritage. But if we can make a package worthwhile with Galchenyuk as the Center piece, then maybe there’s a chance. But honestly what do we have tradechip wise that wouldn’t just hurt us more to add on top of him. Carolina wouldn’t be looking for picks on a player like Hanifin.

I'd really love someone to do the research on this. These thrown about statements come off as fact, but I'm rather leery of them, personally.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I'd really love someone to do the research on this. These thrown about statements come off as fact, but I'm rather leery of them, personally.

You can be leery, and you have every right to be. But there’s supply and demand in the NHL with certain positions certainly demanding more and for obvious reasons. I’m not going to do the research for you but if you can find scenarios where a blue chip D prospect wqe traded for winger and came out on top similar to our trade for Drouin, I’d like to see them.

Reactions: groovejuice

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
- Drafts Zadina
- Trade Pacioretty to Kings for Adrian Kempe + Kyle Clague + conditional 2nd round pick (becomes 1st if he re-signs with Kings)
- Acquire Nick Bjugstad for a one of our 2nd round picks in 2018 + Michael McCarron (+whatever filler is required)
- Re-sign Danault
- Re-sign DLR

Drouin-Kempe-Gallagher
Zadina-Bjugstad-Galchenyuk
Lehkonen-Danault-Byron
Hudon-DLR-Shaw
Deslauriers,

Mete-Weber
Clague-Petry
Alzner-Juulsen
Reilly-Lernout

Bjugstad not a good idea would rather sign stastny

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
It's hard to evaluate keeping Patch or trading him cause we don't know what actual offers we are getting for him. I am not in favor for trading him for cheap though. A fair deal to me is a solid 1st round pick in the 2018 draft and good grade B prospect. That is my bench mark (the lowest return I trade Patch for). Otherwise, I entertain re-signing him. He had a rough season last year and is not trending well. So I think we would be able to get him signed for 5 years (ish) at $6.5m (max)
I don't think I would re-sign Pacioretty. Get the opinion he doesn't always play hard. Kind of wanted to remove that attitude from the dressing room. I would deal him at the draft if the return is there. It should be decent. But if it is not keep him until the trade deadline in March. He should rebound to career norms and increase his value.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't think I would re-sign Pacioretty. Get the opinion he doesn't always play hard. Kind of wanted to remove that attitude from the dressing room. I would deal him at the draft if the return is there. It should be decent. But if it is not keep him until the trade deadline in March. He should rebound to career norms and increase his value.

It’s easy for us to play GM. But we don’t know the offers we are actually getting for him. And yes, I agree, I want Patch traded. Not cause I hate him, cause we need to focus on futures and he should return us solid young assets.. I hope!

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
relax....his version of re-tooling means making one or two of his usual trades....he trades a ten dollar bill for two five dollar bills

You’re giving him a little too much credit.

He trades a 10 dollar bill for a 5, a Toonie, a loonie and 4 quarters and thinks he’s come out ahead.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
You’re giving him a little too much credit.

He trades a 10 dollar bill for a 5, a Toonie, a loonie and 4 quarters and thinks he’s come out ahead.
He's from the more is better school.

bipolarhabfan

Sep 16, 2006
Burnaby, BC
I want Tavares, even it will mean a 5 year deal at 60 million. We have the need, but only a projected 12 million in cap space left. The Habs have too many players getting paid well, but under-performing. I am talking about Price, Alzner, and Pacioretty. That is 20 million tied up to these players, which is roughly 25% of the cap space.

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
What I hope :
Get Ekman-Larsson for Patch/Galchenyuk + Schlemko +++
Sign Tavares
Sign one of Calvin de Haan/Thomas Hickey/John Moore/Jack Johnson/Nick Holden.
Dump Alzner
Draft Kotkaniemi

Drouin / Tavares / Scherbak
Galchenyuk / Danault / Gallagher
Lehkonen / DLR / Shaw
Hudon / Plekanec / Deslauriers

Carr

Ekman-Larsson / Weber
Mete / Petry
Moore / Juulsen

Reilly, Benn

Price
Niemi

I know it's fantasy, but imagine this team with well developed Kotkaniemi/Poehling.

What will happen :

Trade Galchenyuk for Victor Rask
Sign Patrick Maroon and Dan Hamhuis because he still thinks it's 2004
Draft Zadina

Pacioretty / Drouin / Gallagher
Maroon / Rask / Scherbak
Lehkonen / Danault/ Shaw
Hudon / Plekanec / DLR

Deslauriers, Carr

Mete / Weber
Hamhuis / Petry
Alzner / Schlemko

Reilly, Benn

Price
Niemi

Last edited:

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
What I hope :
Get Ekman-Larsson for Patch/Galchenyuk + Schlemko +++
Sign Tavares
Sign one of Calvin de Haan/Thomas Hickey/John Moore/Jack Johnson/Nick Holden.
Dump Alzner
Draft Kotkaniemi

Drouin / Tavares / Scherbak
Galchenyuk / Danault / Gallagher
Lehkonen / DLR / Shaw
Hudon / Plekanec / Deslauriers

Carr

Ekman-Larsson / Weber
Mete / Petry
Moore / Juulsen

Reilly, Benn

Price
Niemi

I know it's fantasy, but imagine this team with well developed Kotkaniemi/Poehling.

What will happen :

Trade Galchenyuk for Victor Rask
Sign Patrick Maroon and Dan Hamhuis because he still thinks it's 2004
Draft Zadina

Pacioretty / Drouin / Gallagher
Maroon / Rask / Scherbak
Lehkonen / Danault/ Shaw
Hudon / Plekanec / DLR

Deslauriers, Carr

Mete / Weber
Hamhuis / Petry
Alzner / Schlemko