OT: What is Your Favourite Goalie Mask of All Time?

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Just reminiscing about stuff and I figured it might be a fun thread to look through for people after some posts have been made. So you can only pick 1, what is your favourite goalie mask of all time? Or pick more than one if you want, there are no real rules.

Mine would be Corey Hirsch's Psycho mask from the Vancouver Canucks. Still remains my favourite to this day.

corey-hirsch.jpg

B3N-ftDCAAAURcN.jpg

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
Gotta go with Cujo dawg throughout the years. From Stl and Edm earlier editions, to the mainstay Toronto & Detroit editions... always thought of it to be best

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Three favourites, in no particular order:

Gilles Gratton, New York Rangers:
Gilles.jpg

Gerry Cheevers, Boston Bruins
tumblr_mojjxgMFqt1qm9rypo1_1280.jpg

Cool because, if you don't know the story, every time a puck would hit his mask, Cheevers would draw on new stitches in sharpie.

Gary Bromley, Vancouver Canucks
d1ae738998fc2cfe6ea4f26712da3b6e.jpg

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I'm a child of the 80's and 90's, so Ed Belfour is my go-to iconic mask design.

Jose Theodore had an amazing design to his masks too. Always thought his was a top-5 lid.

yoplait

May 4, 2011
As a child I went crazy over Vanbiesbrouck's mask. Probably still my favorite of all time.

beezer.JPG

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
As a child I went crazy over Vanbiesbrouck's mask. Probably still my favorite of all time.

Absolute. That and Eddie Belfour's were the best of the era.

belfour_mask.jpg

They hold up today so well against all the clutter that's on masks while still being unique and instantly identifiable from a distance. You didn't have to wonder who was in net that night.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I always liked the mask that Gerber never wore. This was the one he had painted, but never used because the Darth Gerber thing started and he wore that all black mask for the entire season.

OTT-Gerber-New3.jpg

But Belfour's is probably the best of all time. I had a poster of his mask in my room when I was a kid.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Thanks for that blog link! Nice history revisit. My favorite Sens mask would have to be Sidorkiewicz with Lalime in a very close second. I probably flip flop my choice every day.

stev0888

Dec 30, 2009
Kanata
Johan Hedberg's Moose design is my favourite from recent years, in Pittsburgh the colour scheme seemed to bring out the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->