What is the upside of these D-men

FTowwn

Jan 25, 2006
Canada
Cody Franson - top pairing defenceman
Matthew Corrente- top 4
Alex Goligoski- never seen him play, but heard he has very good offensive instincts
Matthieu Carle- IF he makes it to the NHL, powerplay quarterback

Yann

Apr 4, 2007
Ontario
Cody Franson - top pairing defenceman
Matthew Corrente- top 4
Alex Goligoski- never seen him play, but heard he has very good offensive instincts
Matthieu Carle- IF he makes it to the NHL, powerplay quarterback

Agree with all, Goglioski could be a 40 point defenseman that is a bit of a liability in his own end but not much i think, A sergei Gonchar who isnt as good offensively but not as bad defensively

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
4.) Matthieau carle ( yes i might have spelled it wrong )

Almost had it, just one extra t, it's Mathieu.

I don't know what his upside is, I would say it's as a 2nd pairing, offensive defensemen. He seems to have worked on his defensive play, he's not tall but has a good frame, moves the puck really well, has good vision on the ice. I've seen him throw some good hits but he doesn't seem to be overly physical. I got to see more of him last year with Bathurst, only saw him once with Noranda where he's had to adjust to a more defensive style. Was at one point leading or near the top of the league in scoring for defensemen but his point totals dropped after the trade, and not having two of the top forwards in the Q on his team in Mathieu Perreault and Thomas Beauregard.

Next year Carle will likely be in Hamilton, so we'll start to see what he can do at the next level, I look forward to seeing how he does as the Habs lack offensively skilled defensemen that move the puck well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->