What is the moment(s) you’ll remember most from these Winter Olympics?

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
A lot to choose from.

Chloe Kim

Virtue/Moir

USA Curling

Germany Men’s Hockey

Women’s Hockey USA v Canada

Shiffrin

Cross Country/Diggins

Ledecka’s historic Double Event Double Gold

The Ice Skating battle between the 2 Russians

Yuzuru Hanyu

Bjoergen’s medal record

Shaun White

Rather than do a separate thread, I figured I’d divide this thread into 2 parts:

Your Favorite US Olympic moment

Your Favorite Olympic Moment involving any other country (ie Canada, Europe, etc.)

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
The Ledecka story. Olympics are supposed to be where dreams are made and her Longshot dream (in one event at least) became a reality.

In terms of favorite US memory, the woman's hockey gold.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Ledecká for sure, but also Niskanen, Germany in hockey, the Netherlands in short track, Klæbo dominating the sprints...

Oct 18, 2006
A whole list of memorable moments.

Men’s hockey gold medal match because it surpassed all my expectations. That final period was absolutely crazy with the lead changes, late heroics, the tension.

Fourcade's three golds...the mass start amazing finish and his awesome effort to drag France over the line in the mixed relay.

Kruger’s 30km skiathlon gold. Loved his breakaway from the pack and ability to hold on. Same with Kalla and her skiathlon win which gave her golds at three consecutive Olympics, an incredible achievement.

McMorris' amazing gold medal run. Absolutely flawless when the pressure was at its highest.

Everything about Medvedeva as I really loved her routines and was so disappointed she didn’t win gold. Her reaction when her score came up, realising she just fell short was pretty heartbreaking.

And so many more.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Elise Christie making it a magnificent 6/6 for making a complete arse of it at the Olympics.

shoeshine boy

Aug 14, 2008
JLam's SO goal. that may be one of the best moves I've seen ever. Daoust's "Forsberg" move is a close second. takes some stones to pull that off in that situation.

Last edited:

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Germany bumbling away their lead in the last minutes of the game on a powerplay (yes, I am happy about the Silver, but how they lost it will haunt me for some time. aaaargh)
Jamanka/Buckwitz
Ledecka
Giant drone swarm forming the Olympic rings and Inmyeonjo (and that this time they didn't burn pigeons like in Seoul)
Nordic Combined big hill
Björgen becoming immortal

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Bjørgen was crazy. Almost unfortunate that she won with such a margin - it seemed so easy I'm not sure if people not that familiar with cross country understand how sensational that race was. Obviously that she became the most decorated winter olympian of all times made it even more special.

500m speed skating was unreal. One of the few events in the winter olympics which has some sort of "global appeal". An event Norway usually can't compete in.

Obviously loved Ledecka.

Sweden winning the biathlon relay for men. Hated that the Norwegians lost it, but so much respect to the Swedish team for that performance.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
King Niskanen dominating 50 km.

Anna "clutch" Gasser at Big Air.

Krista Pärmäkoski draw with Björgen.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
1. Diggins
2. German men's hockey
3. US women's hockey
4. Bjoergen obliterating the field in the 30k

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
It kind of saddens me to see that Diggins seem to get all the recognition and Kikkan Randall none. Kikkan was the big overachiever here. I think most people thought she would leave Diggins so far behind that she wouldn't have a chance to bring home the gold. What Diggins did was impressive, but not super unexpected over a sprint x3. She's a good sprinter and good at distance races while Nilsson and Falla (those are the two she battled with) are elite sprinters but not as good as Diggins when in comes to distance races, and this was kind of a hybrid between sprint and distance.

For me personally the biggest moment I'll take with me is Kalla taking home the first gold medal of these Olympic games to Sweden. Fantastic start to the Olympics for the Swedes :)

The biggest thing not involving my country probably was Björgen winning the 30km. What an athlete and what a career that women has had, just amazing!

Reactions: Eisen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->