What is the f***ing plan here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I'm expecting EK to be signed long term, along with Stone and Duchene. There is always crazy speculation through the media because that's how they make money, but in the end the stars always re-sign. The organization has made it clear that they want EK to stay, and EK has made it clear that he'd like to stay. EM has never not allowed a core player needing an extension to be signed.

It will get done guys, relax and lets all enjoy the TD coming up!

Tell me, why would EK want to stay.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Tell me, why would EK want to stay.
Well here goes:

The team, the city, his family, the fans, the money, the legacy.

The only reason to leave would be potentially the playing style, which we have witnessed change in front of our very eyes over the last several weeks, or money, which our team has a strong history of ponying up for our stars and core players. The rumours that EK doesn't like the owner are unsubstantiated, and likely untrue.

Stone, Duchene, Chabot, Brown, White, Ryan, maybe Hoff are all strong reasons to want to stay with the team. We're not on a downswing, we took a stumble but are still on an upswinging path as our quality kids have already started joining the team, and the coaches have identified a need to adapt the team play style.

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
Well here goes:

The only reason to leave would be potentially the playing style, which we have witnessed change in front of our very eyes over the last several weeks, or money, which our team has a strong history of ponying up for our stars and core players. The rumours that EK doesn't like the owner are unsubstantiated, and likely untrue.

Stone, Duchene, Chabot, Brown, White, Ryan, maybe Hoff are all strong reasons to want to stay with the team. We're not on a downswing, we took a stumble but are still on an upswinging path as our quality kids have already started joining the team, and the coaches have identified a need to adapt the team play style.
Awesome. Finally someone who sees things positively.

Yes, 17-18 has sucked. I'm honestly not watching any more games this season, and likely not interacting on HFSens after Mar 4 (when the fights about the TDL are done), but this year is a real opportunity. Stop worrying about winning the next 25(?) games, get that great draft pick who can really contribute next season and I expect 18-19 to be really really fun.

Reactions: coladin

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Well here goes:

Lol the real reason to leave is because the team sucks and Melnyks budget means that Karlsson will never be surrounded by talent like other star players are.

And you talk about his legacy, his legacy would clearly be greater if played on a better team. Most likely he would win the norris every year and make it deep into the playoffs every year.

Over here, it's a bottom 5 team that is only a threat to make the playoffs because of Karlsson.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Awesome. Finally someone who sees things positively.

Yes, 17-18 has sucked. I'm honestly not watching any more games this season, and likely not interacting on HFSens after Mar 4 (when the fights about the TDL are done), but this year is a real opportunity. Stop worrying about winning the next 25(?) games, get that great draft pick who can really contribute next season and I expect 18-19 to be really really fun.

I agree, maybe they buckled under expectations this year, on top of so many factors that created a perfect storm. New season, fresh start and no expectations and hope for better results. I think Anderson has been better of late, and I really think that he was mentally exhausted with what he personally went through last year.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Lol the real reason to leave is because the team sucks and Melnyks budget means that Karlsson will never be surrounded by talent like other star players are.

And you talk about his legacy, his legacy would clearly be greater if played on a better team. Most likely he would win the norris every year and make it deep into the playoffs every year.

Over here, it's a bottom 5 team that is only a threat to make the playoffs because of Karlsson.

Oh I don't know about that. Stone and Duchene are stars with Hoffman not far behind. Ryan is paid like a star, and we have a couple of high end blue chip prospects, Chabot already looking great. We have a good team on a down year, that is all. There's lots to like about the team now and going forward, like I said, we're a mid pack team trending upwards.

It really sounds like you hate this team, so nothing I post will make much sense, I get that. I want to be clear that I'm not trying to change your opinion, and you won't change mine.

Reactions: aragorn

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Well here goes:

Yep this and the 8th year give me hope...

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Well here goes:

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

Well this is Travis Yost. He seems to make it his life's work to tear at the Sens.

First, we're not in a "full-blown rebuild", not even close.

Second, he bases much of his opinion on speculating if we can afford EK, even though we have never balked at signing any of our core stars before, and have made it clear we intend to sign EK.

Third, he speculates that Alfie is upset, and thus EK is upset, thus EK is leaving. A stretch at best.

Fourth, he uses GM's calling PD about EK as evidence that he is leaving, even though this happens EVERY SINGLE TIME a big name comes up for extension.

The only real information he introduces is that EK loves Ottawa, the rest is speculation based on speculation to get clicks and drum up fear and interest.

Not that EK couldn't get traded, but this blurb is mostly worst case scenario speculation and fear mongering that Yost likes to engage in when discussing the Sens. You'll notice that the whole list is put together to suggest that removing EM is the solution, which coming from Yost is shocking.

Honestly, this guy is like Eklund when it comes to unbiased Sens discussions.

I would suggest not reading too far into Yost when it comes to the Sens.

Reactions: aragorn and pzeeman

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I think the plan is trade everyone who helped get us to the ECF and then make Boro the Captain.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Well this is Travis Yost. He seems to make it his life's work to tear at the Sens.

First, we're not in a "full-blown rebuild", not even close.

Second, he bases much of his opinion on speculating if we can afford EK, even though we have never balked at signing any of our core stars before, and have made it clear we intend to sign EK.

Third, he speculates that Alfie is upset, and thus EK is upset, thus EK is leaving. A stretch at best.

Fourth, he uses GM's calling PD about EK as evidence that he is leaving, even though this happens EVERY SINGLE TIME a big name comes up for extension.

The only real information he introduces is that EK loves Ottawa, the rest is speculation based on speculation to get clicks and drum up fear and interest.

Not that EK couldn't get traded, but this blurb is mostly worst case scenario speculation and fear mongering that Yost likes to engage in when discussing the Sens. You'll notice that the whole list is put together to suggest that removing EM is the solution, which coming from Yost is shocking.

Honestly, this guy is like Eklund when it comes to unbiased Sens discussions.

I would suggest not reading too far into Yost when it comes to the Sens.

No offence, but you have your head firmly planted in the sand

Reactions: JungleBeat

ek65forhart

Feb 3, 2016
Karlsson will be able to sign for 8 years as long as he does not sign as an ufa. So if he is traded to Tampa they can do a deal after July 1 for 8 years.

The plan has a massive flaw. EM will not be in Lebreton Arena until 2023-34 season. He will have significant ore development costs before he is in Lebreton and pray that interest rates don’t go up on his debt.

Assume we it pans out and our elc players pan out. ELC are for just three years. Just like Matthews, Marner, Nylander have. Second contracts for good players will be more than EM can afford. So then what? Another rebuild? Are we a development team for teams that are properly run.

How can EM say no one works harder than him at winning a cup! All lines fed to him by his Toronto PR firm Navigator.

And how much do you want to bet he comes forward before ottawa municipal elections with a massive ask for taxpayer assistance. He brazenly said he will not be asking for taxpayer money, like EM why should anyone believe you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad