What is Plan B for Goodenow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Buffaloed said:
It'll happen a lot sooner than that. Look for the NHL to declare an impasse by late April so they can hold a draft and avoid all the problems that will happen if they don't. The players will be under extreme pressure as they watch teams being assembled for the 2005-06 season. Plans will be made to shift games of teams in provinces that don't allow replacement players to provinces that do. The NHL has been scrupulous about not using impasse/replacement player threats or discussing it publically as it's evidence negotiating was not done in good faith. Bettman's assurance that there will be a season next year is practically a guarantee that they have a plan laid out, and realistically they need to implement it at least 30 days before the June 1st signing deadline for players selected in 2003.

This is a very sensible argument.

However declaring impasse and getting to replacement players will take time with all the litigation through the courst. I am afraid it may take much time, if it works out at all.

Also, the fact that labour laws in Quebec and B.C. disallow the use of replacement workers scares the **** out of me. Wether the NHLers ever come back or it is a diluted product for years, I certainly don't want any cities to lose their team over this.

Does anyone know the specific situation under which the NFL was able to use scabs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->