What is happening in PEI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LHJMQFAN

Oct 30, 2004
What is happening with the PEI Rocket... I heard some players want OUT because of the coach who has no respect at all for them and instead of instauring a real team chemistry talks against his players in front of teammates when those players are absent... I have some players I know in that team and they said this is what happened although they did not want to name the players talked against...
Time for a trade? Or time for a chance of coach? :yo:

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
their 'game strategy' a few weeks ago vs. the titan was to start a brawl off the opening faceoff and get the titan starters tossed. that should give you some idea of the coaches mentality. he ain't playing with a full deck.

BTW the rocket won that game and the coach was suspended for it.

PEli*

In their defense, they just got Anton Skorykh to report, David Laliberte is still nursing a back injury and Stewart is playing like crap.

There's been talk that Al MacAdam (Mooseheads coach) may end up coaching them next season despite the fact that he signed a contract with Halifax for two years. I believe it was two years. Not sure.

Something needs to change in PEI though. They are pretty bad and may challenge Rimouski for dead last this year.

LHJMQFAN

Oct 30, 2004
I know they do not play very well but they do not have a very talented roster...
Some players told me that all they do in practice is skate, no system at all, only yelling and skating... and the guys hit like crazy during practices and not during the games!
Something is really wrong and it's not even funny.... :shakehead

Marco Corleone

Sep 6, 2004
As a season ticket holder of the Rocket I am totally confused right now. We do have some skilled players on our roster. Players like Trukhno, Stewart, Gragnani, Mior. We just got Anton Skorykh here from Russia and he's looking pretty good. It will take time for him to adjust to the life and style of play of N.A hockey but so far he looks fine on the ice. Laliberté is still out with a back injury since last season and we really miss him. He is 35 goal scorer IMO and would help us out a lot. Stewart just looks as he does not want to be here, as his play is nill.
There is a lot of talk about coach Jean and his "style".
He learned his system from Sags coach Martel which should explain a lot.
I have been to a lot of the boys practices and there is a lot of skating going on, but it's not that bad. There consistantly doing drills or sorts and there is the "normal" amount of body contact going on.
The comment on Al MacAdam maybe coming to PEI next season, I call that false. Our problem right now is that the GM Savard made some mistakes and the team is suffering for that right now.
Depending on what happens during the trading period, I think that we will have a pretty solid team next year as we have a good group of young talent and with players like Trukhno,Gragnani, Mior and Skorykh I believe we will be in fine form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->