What is CBC's playoff coverage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

19nazzy

Jul 14, 2003
Easton said:
Every Canadian team's game?
You're in New York so I don't know what you'll get but each Canadian City's team will be able to be seen by their fans.

Jessie Lumsden

Apr 7, 2005
Edmonton, Toronto and Montreal are not likely to make the playoffs so I don't think it'll be a big deal.

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
ice berg slim said:
depends how many canadian teams make it.

No it doesnt. CBC will simply split the network if conflicts between Canadian teams arise, just as they have done for years.

Basically, CBC shows all Canadian team games, the conference and the SC Finals. They've generally sold all-American first and second round games to TSN.

SENSfreak_03

Aug 30, 2002
Regina, SK
Visit site
Resolute said:
No it doesnt. CBC will simply split the network if conflicts between Canadian teams arise, just as they have done for years.

Basically, CBC shows all Canadian team games, the conference and the SC Finals. They've generally sold all-American first and second round games to TSN.

TSN gets one of the confrence finals to now. thats been in their new deal since they returned to TSN.

James Ownz Harper*

I really dislike TSN...I'd much rather have Sportsnet have playoff games even though I prefer TSNs intermissions.

I can't stand Gord Miller and Mcguire.

RTWAP*

jumptheshark said:
cbc will show ever canadian base team

HOWEVER

if

say at 730 est you have TO leafs vs team B and Ott vs Team C at the same time--All of Canada will see the TO game
I find that hard to believe.

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
RalfTheWiseNPowerful said:
I find that hard to believe.

I think he meant all of Canada outside of Ottawa.

If that is the case he is almost certantly correct.

se7en*

Jessie Lumsden said:
Edmonton, Toronto and Montreal are not likely to make the playoffs so I don't think it'll be a big deal.

Edmonton is only 5 points away from taking the northwest, so...ah, why am I bothering, you appear to be a Lames fan.

SO not worth my time.

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
Six points actually, not five. The Flames have three more wins overall, and have won the season series, so you would need to pass us in points to take the divisional lead. A tie does you no good.

And it is, of course, notable that you are closer to missing the playoffs than you are to winning the division.

That said, I would be very surprised if the Oilers missed the playoffs, and ridiculously surprised if they won the division. They'll probably finish right about where they are now.

Last edited:

se7en*

If the Oilers win the next two games, the season series is tied. 4-4. Just depends on how you look at it.

Whatever, I thought his comment was pretty tacky.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Jessie Lumsden said:
why are are trolling?
for a Flamer, after 7 years of missing the playoffs, I thought for sure you wouldn't count your chicken before they hatch! (see? I can troll too..)

RTWAP*

Resolute said:
I think he meant all of Canada outside of Ottawa.

If that is the case he is almost certantly correct.
Agreed, if that is what he meant. But it does not work that way during the regular season so perhaps he should be a little clearer.

In the east that the TV heirarchy goes Tor-Mtl-Ott. I would not expect Ottawa to get network-wide coverage unless both Toronto and Montreal aren't playing.

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
Tikk said:
If the Oilers win the next two games, the season series is tied. 4-4. Just depends on how you look at it.

Whatever, I thought his comment was pretty tacky.

Umm, no, if the Oilers win the next two, they are 4-4 for eight points. Calgary would be 4-3-1 (at least) for nine points. The Flames have won the season series.

se7en*

I'm not about to get into a petty argument with you before the season series is even over. In my opinion, in the event the Oilers win the last two meetings, the season series will be tied 4-4.

A loss is a loss. Alot of Flames fans claim to hate the shootout, but they sure love it when they think it can benefit their vain attempts in their insecure, everlasting crusade to convince themselves they are better than Edmonton in ANY way. :biglaugh:

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
This has nothing to do with personal opinions on the shootout.

Simple fact is, according to NHL rules, the best the Oilers can do vs the Flames is 8 points.

The Flames already have 9 points vs Edmonton.

The Flames have won the season series. This cannot be debated, as it is a fact, not an opinion.

The Oilers need to either finish ahead in points outright, or finish with more wins overall if they end up tied. The more likely scenario is that they have to finish ahead in points, which puts them six points shy of passing Calgary in the standings.

Not to mention that Colorado and Vancouver stand in their way as well.

Incidentally, we dont need to convince ourselves that we are better, we already know it. We're first in the division, you are fourth. Get back to me about provincial superiority when you do pass us.

se7en*

Justify it to yourself however you want. I'll stick with my opinion that it will take one more win for the Flames to "win the season series". Then I'll concede. Until then, don't bother.

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
Your opinion is not valid according to the NHL.

As far as the NHL is concerned, Calgary has won the series. In the event that it comes down to the second tiebreaker, the NHL's opinion matters, not yours.

se7en*

Don't talk down to me, Snakeeye.

4-4 = TIE.

Man, you are totally proving me right about what I said about Calgarians. :D

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
I can't help but talk down to someone who fails to understand basic math.

9 > 8

Incidentally, funny how you mention the shootout, becuase in this case, it is helping the Oilers, not the Flames. Without that gimmick, Calgary can still do no worse than 4-3-1 for nine points, while Edmonton could do no better than 3-4-1, for seven points.

The shootout is the only reason why you can even think about pretending you can tie us in the season series.

se7en*

If I'm a little snarky, it's because I just burned a finger trying to cook pancakes.

9 indeed > 8.

Too bad 4 = 4.

But that doesn't change the fact that from my point of view (in the event the Oilers win the last two games) IT WILL BE TIED.

Good God, is that hard to comprehend or something? Obviously we're both biased. One more Calgary win and I will concede that they will have won the season series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->