What if Winnipeg, Quebec, Hartford never moved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squiddy*

Oct 24, 2005
Houston, Texas
jacketracket said:
Better question ... do I even care what you said.

If that's what passes for sarcasm, I've seen about 700 of your posts just dripping with it.

Yeah because there must be 1439850948 bring back the (insert defunct team here) threads. Why don't we just make a thread for each defunct NHL team and make em stickied? We can have "Bring back the Cleveland Barons","Bring back the California Golden Seals" and the ever so popular "Bring back the Kansas City Scouts."

Why stop there? How about a "Bring back the Rockies, New York Americans, St Louis Eagles, Montreal Maroons, Montreal Wanderers, Atlanta Flames, and Philadelphia Quakers threads?

You don't seem to get sick of them, but I do, so I guess that puts me in the differen't "breed" sections.

Last edited:

jacketracket*

Squiddy said:
You don't seem to get sick of them, but I do, so I guess that puts me in the differen't "breed" sections.
Who said that I don't find them tiresome, myself?

However, I do find your apparent remedy for the situation --- bashing the fans of those teams --- even worse.

Squiddy*

Oct 24, 2005
Houston, Texas
jacketracket said:
Who said that I don't find them tiresome, myself?

However, I do find your apparent remedy for the situation --- bashing the fans of those teams --- even worse.

Bashing what fans? The only fans I bash are the ones who bash other cities because in their opinion they do not "deserve" the team. What the heck are you getting at or are you just trying to play hero to jetsowner.com ?

jacketracket*

Squiddy said:
Bashing what fans? The only fans I bash are the ones who bash other cities because in their opinion they do not "deserve" the team. What the heck are you getting at or are you just trying to play hero to jetsowner.com ?
There you go! Back on form, and taking a shot at Winnipeggers who miss their team.

Ride that one horse, cowboy!

Squiddy*

Oct 24, 2005
Houston, Texas
jacketracket said:
There you go! Back on form, and taking a shot at Winnipeggers who miss their team.

Ride that one horse, cowboy!

Have you ever been on that site? You're trying to make them out to be some sort of saints when they troll pretty much every "sunbelt" teams official message boards. "You guys don't deserve the team! You don't know hockey"

They get no sympathy from me. Jacketracket if my opinions offend you so much why not put me on ignore will ya?

WAHHHHHHHHHHH

jacketracket*

Squiddy said:
Have you ever been on that site? You're trying to make them out to be some sort of saints when they troll pretty much every "sunbelt" teams official message boards. "You guys don't deserve the team! You don't know hockey"
I only see one person tolling in this manner here at HF, and that person isn't from the jets message board. If you've got a problem with what's posted at jets.com, perhaps you shoould address it there, rather than bashing jets/Winnipeg fans here.

They get no sympathy from me. Jacketracket if my opinions offend you so much why not put me on ignore will ya?

WAHHHHHHHHHHH
Because I can always use a good laugh.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Squiddy said:
Yeah because there must be 1439850948 bring back the (insert defunct team here) threads. Why don't we just make a thread for each defunct NHL team and make em stickied? We can have "Bring back the Cleveland Barons","Bring back the California Golden Seals" and the ever so popular "Bring back the Kansas City Scouts."

Why stop there? How about a "Bring back the Rockies, New York Americans, St Louis Eagles, Montreal Maroons, Montreal Wanderers, Atlanta Flames, and Philadelphia Quakers threads?

The Barons in case u haven't noticed are back and playing the team you "claim" IN YOUR AVATAR THERE SQUID HELLO :sarcasm:

http://www.clevelandbarons.net :shakehead

19Yzerman19

Jul 17, 2004
CHRDANHUTCH said:
The Barons in case u haven't noticed are back and playing the team you "claim" IN YOUR AVATAR THERE SQUID HELLO :sarcasm:

http://www.clevelandbarons.net :shakehead

Being back in the AHL and being back in the NHL are 2 very different things!! :teach:

If that is all you need to try to justify a point then why don't the Moose change their name to the Jets and the Wolfback to the Whalers and then you can say wow the Jets and Whalers are back and they are playing so and so tonight!! :shakehead :shakehead

Majik1987

I know kung fu...
Nov 27, 2005
Northern Illinois
SteveYzermanGreatest said:
Being back in the AHL and being back in the NHL are 2 very different things!! :teach:

If that is all you need to try to justify a point then why don't the Moose change their name to the Jets and the Wolfback to the Whalers and then you can say wow the Jets and Whalers are back and they are playing so and so tonight!! :shakehead :shakehead

:clap:

You forgot to say, "Touche p***ycat!" I loved those old Tom & Jerry cartoons.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
SteveYzermanGreatest said:

Why did the AHL touch on the fact when Cleveland returned there SYG, they were second or the third oldest franchise they won 9 championships----all of them in the AHL, never a Stanley, that's like saying the Ottawa Senators have been a franchise all this time but there was a gap of 58 years in there-----from 1933 before they skipped to St. Louis before resurfacing in 1992. :teach:

19Yzerman19

Jul 17, 2004
Yes there was a previous incarnation of the Barons in the AHL as you mentioned.

But this thread relates to NHL franchises that have moved does it not?

So you implying that the Barons are back because they once again exist in the AHL is totally off the mark or irrelevent to this discussion is it not?

;)

braincramp

Mar 10, 2004
go_leafs_go02 said:
. . . cinderella teams never win in the final. (past examples: Washington, Carolina, Anaheim, Calgary)

They're called Cinderella teams because they didn't win, not vice versa . . .

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
CHRDANHUTCH said:
The Barons were never an NHL team and have been in existence in Cleveland see SJ.
Man, you really just can't see beyond the AHL blinders, can you, Chris? There was indeed an NHL team called the Barons for two seasons (1976-78), who were the relocated Calfornia Seals -- and they merged with the North Stars after the 1977-78 season.

But thank you for playing. One of these days you'll have a relevant post to one of these threads.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
HansH said:
Man, you really just can't see beyond the AHL blinders, can you, Chris? There was indeed an NHL team called the Barons for two seasons (1976-78), who were the relocated Calfornia Seals -- and they merged with the North Stars after the 1977-78 season.

But thank you for playing. One of these days you'll have a relevant post to one of these threads.

so it wasn't me who said bring back the Barons, Hans, just merely saying the Barons are existing today----the so called "Aeros SUPPORTER from Canada stated that in a non-relevant post--- and even then it's not the Golden Seals franchise that drove those Barons and the WHA Crusaders that replaced them to Jacksonville :shakehead

Aren't the NHL Barons moved to Dallas anyway what's your relevant point :shakehead to bring the Barons back then Hans

MuzikMachine

Nov 14, 2005
Squiddy said:

Rockies = Avalanche
NY Americans = NY Islanders and/or NJ Devils (same basic market)
Eagles = Blues
Maroons/Wanderers: when the Canadiens have 24 Stanley Cups, who needs a 2nd franchise?
Atl Flames = Thrashers
Quakers = Flyers

My point? These cities did get a 2nd chance at NHL teams. If this board existed 30 years ago, there would have been fans that said "Bring back the Pirates/Eagles/Quakers"

Personally, I'd like to see the Kenora Thistles! :)

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
MuzikMachine said:
Rockies = Avalanche
NY Americans = NY Islanders and/or NJ Devils (same basic market)
Eagles = Blues
Maroons/Wanderers: when the Canadiens have 24 Stanley Cups, who needs a 2nd franchise?
Atl Flames = Thrashers
Quakers = Flyers

My point? These cities did get a 2nd chance at NHL teams. If this board existed 30 years ago, there would have been fans that said "Bring back the Pirates/Eagles/Quakers"

Personally, I'd like to see the Kenora Thistles! :)

The Rockies became the NJ Devils Muzik,not the Avalanche, the Quebec franchise is the Avalanche WHILE THE NAME Rockies WAS SOLD in Denver to MLB and
the Flames were sold and moved to Calgary.

Squiddy*

Oct 24, 2005
Houston, Texas
CHRDANHUTCH said:
----the so called "Aeros SUPPORTER from Canada stated that in a non-relevant post---

The so called Aeros supporter? I don't support the aeros I could care less if they were around or moved to some place else. I have the old WHA aeros jersey on my avatar because that was a cool team when I look back at it. Also it looks sweet.

Stop putting words in my mouth.

Majik1987

I know kung fu...
Nov 27, 2005
Northern Illinois
CHRDANHUTCH said:
The Rockies became the NJ Devils Muzik,not the Avalanche, the Quebec franchise is the Avalanche WHILE THE NAME Rockies WAS SOLD in Denver to MLB and
the Flames were sold and moved to Calgary.

Hutch, the poster is not saying that the Rockies became the Avs. The poster is pointing out that the market got a second chance. Colorado had the Rockies and later the Avs. Atlanta had the Flames and later the Thrashers. Are you just trying to get your post count up or did you really miss that connection? The poster even explained what he meant right below. Doesn't get more obvious than that. :dunno:

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Majik1987 said:
Hutch, the poster is not saying that the Rockies became the Avs. The poster is pointing out that the market got a second chance. Colorado had the Rockies and later the Avs. Atlanta had the Flames and later the Thrashers. Are you just trying to get your post count up or did you really miss that connection? The poster even explained what he meant right below. Doesn't get more obvious than that. :dunno:
Strangely though, both Rockies have about the same quality of play and organization.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Majik1987 said:

Majik1987:

Wrong my impression is he got mixed messages since when did the Rockies became the Avalanche and the Atlanta Flames becamethe Thrashers immediately not later

Majik1987

I know kung fu...
Nov 27, 2005
Northern Illinois
CHRDANHUTCH said:
Majik1987:

Wrong my impression is he got mixed messages since when did the Rockies became the Avalanche and the Atlanta Flames becamethe Thrashers immediately not later

MuzikMachine said:
NY Americans = NY Islanders and/or NJ Devils (same basic market)...
...My point? These cities did get a 2nd chance at NHL teams.

I highly doubt Muzik is implying that the NY Americans split into the Islanders and/or Devils. As such, I can also reasonably assume that the poster knows the Flames did not become the Thrashers. Heck, the poster even says, "My point..." and it was not followed by anything implying the Flames became the Thrashers, and such. Muzik said that the cities got a second chance. To read into it differently doesn't make any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->