What if we get Dahlin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deebs

Let's swim to the moon
Feb 5, 2014
So, just for fun. We have 1 OV for Dahlin, who is consensus the#1 pick. Isles offer 2 and 3 OV for Dahlin. Do you take it?

If a person didn't, they should be kicked in the junk repeatedly

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Even if we need get Dahlin

We need to find 2 top 6 center. I believe 1 of them will come from a Pacioretty/Galchy trade.

I don’t think either will get us a true NHL top-6 center. I would flip Patches for a good prospect that is NHL ready or close to it and a pick which we could use to get a center who should be BPA at the time of the pick I would guess.

I would use Galchenyuk to get a top-4 LHD.

Reactions: ArsHabs

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Even if we need get Dahlin

We need to find 2 top 6 center. I believe 1 of them will come from a Pacioretty/Galchy trade.

i would rather trade Patch and chucky for 2 more top 10 picks.....but not sure you get that for them

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I don’t think either will get us a true NHL top-6 center. I would flip Patches for a good prospect that is NHL ready or close to it and a pick which we could use to get a center who should be BPA at the time of the pick I would guess.

I would use Galchenyuk to get a top-4 LHD.

No chance , Bergevin already tried to get Trochek with Pacioretty in a trade. Bergevin is ''retooling'' impossible for him to trade pacio for a 1st pick , hes not intelligent enough to do that.

Galchy should be our second line center , finding wingers is easy.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
We're set!
3 years ELC, then genius MB can ram an RFA bridge deal down his throat to ensure we get another few years of bargain out of him & if he shows any hint of bad attitude we can just dump his bad karacter on the Hawks for Seabrook, a diamond in the rough that you don't think twice about.

Bergevin school of management 101

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
I'll believe it when I see this team move on from Price. I'll never view it as a full rebuild until then.

agreed.....

however, the worst part is....

if we fail to make the playoffs next season, MB has already set himself up for the perfect excuse.....

"well, it was a transition / re-tooling season"

MB thinking far ahead

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
agreed.....

however, the worst part is....

if we fail to make the playoffs next season, MB has already set himself up for the perfect excuse.....

"well, it was a transition / re-tooling season"

MB thinking far ahead

He only thinks as far as what he wants to have for lunch. Long term planning... those sandwiches won’t make themselves.

ArsHabs

Nov 4, 2017
Ohhhhhhh..... that is a good one. I might, but to be honest, Garth Snow would be a fool to do so. It would be pretty nice to get Svechnikov and Boqvist.

Easy for me, Svechnikov and Boqvist or Hughes. Please, not McLeod and Tkachuk.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Last edited:
Reactions: sandviper

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Snow hasn't been confirmed back?

He will likely be back in a new role. Someone else is expected to be named GM:

Since current Islanders President/GM/Alternate Governor Garth Snow has not been relieved of his duties more than a week since the end of another disastrous season, it is believed that the new hire would become Islanders GM while Snow would remain President (or given a new title).

Islanders looking to hire top hockey executive

Does it mean the billboards worked? :sarcasm:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think the way the season went and the possibility of Tavares walking will be very bad for Snow.

Are you thinking he might not even stick around? Even if he stays, he shouldn't have too much power.

Reactions: sandviper

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I think the way the season went and the possibility of Tavares walking will be very bad for Snow.

Not surprised, if you lose a player like Tavares for nothing or a low return, although I would think they will get something decent for his rights if he says 100% he won't sign at some point. Most teams you would get fired for that blunder for not trading him at the deadline to a much better package. Just think how crazy this place would be if say we had a Tavares level player, MB couldn't sign him and yet held onto him while missing the playoffs. I mean I would actually be concerned about his safety if that were to happen here. I'm sure Molson would just make some excuse that the hotdogs weren't good enough and say it's not MB's fault and how he's going to work harder to be more involved cause he knows so much about hockey.

Reactions: LaP and Per Sjoblom

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
If we get Dahlin, he becomes Weber's D partner & that's it. We aren't trading him & he isn't playing anymore seasons in the Swedish League.

With Dahlin, Weber, Petry & Juulsen that's 4D spots covered. That leaves Benn, Schlemko, Alzner, Reilly, Lernout & Mete battling for 2 spots plus maybe 2 spares.

I can see Mete starting the year in the AHL & Lernout getting waived so that would leave us with 8D baring anymore trades.

Dahlin gives us the playmaking offensive D we need.

Dahlin - Weber 1st PP unit, Petry on the 2nd with Reilly or a forward if Reilly isn't in the line-up.

He'll be a big help, but we still need to do something about the center position which is in a deplorable state.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Not surprised, if you lose a player like Tavares for nothing or a low return, although I would think they will get something decent for his rights if he says 100% he won't sign at some point. Most teams you would get fired for that blunder for not trading him at the deadline to a much better package. Just think how crazy this place would be if say we had a Tavares level player, MB couldn't sign him and yet held onto him while missing the playoffs. I mean I would actually be concerned about his safety if that were to happen here. I'm sure Molson would just make some excuse that the hotdogs weren't good enough and say it's not MB's fault and how he's going to work harder to be more involved cause he knows so much about hockey.

What makes it worse is they have a young replacement for Tavares in Barzal. I mean i'm not even sure signing Tavares would be that good of a move even if he wants to stay. Gonna cost lot of money and it doesn't make them closer to be a cup contender. Trading him for a king's ransom at the deadline really was the right move to do since they were not aiming for a cup.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
"We are this world's memory, Samwell Tarly. Without us, men would be little better than dogs. Don't remember any meal but the last, can't see forward to any but the next."

Young man says "you are what you eat" eat well
Old man says "you are what you wear" wear well
You know what you are, you don't give a damn
Bursting your belt that is your homemade sham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->