Rumor: What if the Jets traded for Luongo - wouldn't this be nice

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
If we could get something like Volchenkov out of it I'll send Hainsey to any team and take the weight of Hainsey, Lu and Volcehnkov's wages and caps...

Enstrom-Buff
Volchy-Bogo
game over

Hainsey's and Volch's I can see, but you'd take Lu's? Don't see how that would work. Unless you only mean for one season?

pcanuck

Jun 6, 2011
Edmonton
Listen to the VCR GM,

Van city wants no money coming back - so we'd eat Luongo's contract in this. Hainsey is an UFA anyways so he'll be gone next year. Until then, he's nothing but a stop gap for Postma and likely Redmond.

Wellwood, Kos from Jr and a 4th rd pick (2nd rd if Wellwood doesn't resign) for Luongo

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
We don't need him especially with his humongous big contract.

The Jets need to figure out how to score instead of keeping the puck out of their net.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
We don't need him especially with his humongous big contract.

The Jets need to figure out how to score instead of keeping the puck out of their net.

Huh?
Scoring isn't our issue (historically, I'm not making any judgements based on the first two games.) keeping the puck out of our net IS our issue.

lablite47

Jan 22, 2013
Wpg
Only way I see the Jets getting involved with the eventual Luongo trade is by moving Kane to Vancouver and then Winnipeg getting first liner and a highly touted prospect or draft pick from a third party (Leafs?) that would be getting Luongo from Vancouver.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Luongo has been broke ever since his groin injury against Pitts in '08.

Belly-flops more than a fat kid at summer camp.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
I do not get the Luongo hate on here.

It's mainly the contract. It just doesn't make sense for us.

His play is not well enough above the play of Pavelec to warrant the assets we would have to move to acquire him (and his contract).

Did I mention he has a god awful contract?

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Pavelec keeps the puck out of the net just fine when he is not overworked & is well worth his contract.

Luongo is going where it is warm.

Huh?
Scoring isn't our issue (historically, I'm not making any judgements based on the first two games.) keeping the puck out of our net IS our issue.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Pavelec keeps the puck out of the net just fine when he is not overworked & is well worth his contract.

Luongo is going where it is warm.

I'm not blaming JUST Pavs, but we were almost dead last the two years in goals against. The post I was replying to said that our problem was scoring, which it obviously isnt. Our team D needs to improve, and get our GAA down. Scoring isn't an issue, when you're in the top half of the league in scoring and bottom 5 in goals against it's pretty clear which needs to be fixed.

EDIT: Just to be clear. I am NOT in the Luongo to Winnipeg camp. I just dont think scoring is our issue.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
To Winnipeg: Luongo + 1st round picks for the next 2 years to years
To Vancouver: Klingberg and Gregoire.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I do not get the Luongo hate on here.

We all have players we dislike. Which player do you hate? Can you imagine them coming to the Jets?

I hate Luongo, for a myriad of reasons. Some are reasonable, some are irrational, but the hate is very real.

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
To Winnipeg: Luongo + 1st round picks for the next 2 years to years
To Vancouver: Klingberg and Gregoire.

Ridiculous over-payment by the Jets.

But seriously, I wouldn't mind Luongo or his contract on the Jets. The only problem I have is that it would cost too much to acquire him. The Jets are better off with Pavelec.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
We all have players we dislike. Which player do you hate? Can you imagine them coming to the Jets?

I hate Luongo, for a myriad of reasons. Some are reasonable, some are irrational, but the hate is very real.

I hate Ovechkin and Tim Thomas. I think they're selfish-me first players. I think both are cocky SOB's and I can't stand them...

Ovechkin is mostly from the sticks on fire thing. I thought that was out of line.

However...

That does not mean that they do not have talent and wouldn't make the team better.

That being said, I do tend to be alot more objective then other people, so that's why I probably don't get it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad