What if Crosby and Ovechkin played on the same line?

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
What if Crosby and Ovechkin played on the same line? With Crosby the more natural playmaker and Ovechkin the more natural goal scorer and with neither having very quality linemates right now, but both still producing alot, what could they have produced together if they had somehow ended up on the same team? It was certainly a posibility given the relative high draft picks the Pens have had in recent years.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
People asked that when Gretzky and Mario played, and finally caught a glimpse of the reality when both played for Canada. These two will play together fairly soon though, in the All Star game next year.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
i dont think it would be that great. They both play the best when they have the puck on their sticks. But they'd have to share it. Crosby and AO will pass the puck, but they each like to run the play.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
hockeyman28 said:
i dont think it would be that great. They both play the best when they have the puck on their sticks.

Agreed, I was going to say the exact same thing. I'd say Ovechkin would benefit more from a center like Marc Savard, while the best winger for Crosby would be a guy like Rick Nash, Marek Svatos, etc.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Captain Conservative said:
I have conclusive proof that in actuality, the multiverse would explode.

In two out of three alternate Universes they both got drafted by Montreal...

...and we got stuck in this one. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad