What happens with Uncle Leo?

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Still think Leo is underrated defensively and his PK abilities are a reason why the Leafs are top 10 in the league for that. Not sure exactly what happened to his offense from a couple of years ago but he's definitely lost a step somewhere. I think I'd offer a contract but he'd have to get 4th line/PK duties type of money.

For PK players we have Komarov, Hyman, Brown, Plekanec, Moore and sometimes Kap. Half of them are potentially gone in the off season so I wonder if there's an internal option the Leafs could use. Maybe Gauthier makes the jump and he's another guy we can count on.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Still think Leo is underrated defensively and his PK abilities are a reason why the Leafs are top 10 in the league for that. Not sure exactly what happened to his offense from a couple of years ago but he's definitely lost a step somewhere. I think I'd offer a contract but he'd have to get 4th line/PK duties type of money.

For PK players we have Komarov, Hyman, Brown, Plekanec, Moore and sometimes Kap. Half of them are potentially gone in the off season so I wonder if there's an internal option the Leafs could use. Maybe Gauthier makes the jump and he's another guy we can count on.

All UFAs will most likely walk. I would be happy to use the Goat as our #4C, playing 8 minutes per game and killing penalties if I can sign JT. Afterall how much damage can he do if we have 3 powerful lines?

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I think we should give up on Leo and continue to burn draft picks in exchange for guys who will play 20 games for us.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Why not? Why would we pay a 2nd round pick for mediocrity? But we did. While not addressing problems long term. We pretty much stand to lose the majority of the bottom 6 on this team (if Willy stays at C).
We are weak at C in this scenario. Both on the team and in the organization.
We still haven't addressed a top 4 D badly needed.
Kapanen is currently the most talented player being promoted in our system. The others aren't rated as high IMO.
Just because management made one bad decision in trading for Plekanec doesn't mean we should start making a series of bad moves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->