What happened to Michael Rasmussen ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Aaaaaaand getting back to Rasmussen...

The kid is off to a great stretch, returning from injury. Should be interesting to see how his season progresses.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
It's not worth the chance of stirring the pot to clear up the misunderstanding. Let's focus on the player.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
We were trying to pick a nickname for RAM and someone wanted to use some ignorant uneducated stereotype hoopla as an argument based on some random internet search he/she may have conducted. Very puzzling, indeed.

We still don't have an official nickname. So far there's 3 that I know of; Ras, Razzy and RAM. Not sure what his lockeroom peers call him.

You're reaching bud.

Back to Rasmussen, I'm hoping we go skill oriented this draft in an effort to surround Larkin and potentially Rasmussen with some skilled guys. And defense. Lots of skilled defense please.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
You're reaching bud.

Back to Rasmussen, I'm hoping we go skill oriented this draft in an effort to surround Larkin and potentially Rasmussen with some skilled guys. And defense. Lots of skilled defense please.
Indeed. This draft has a chance to be a tremendous opportunity, particularly on defense.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
He will be the next Anders Lee and scores 40 goals per season from net-front. Who gives a shit about assists? Mantha and Larkin will collect them for future Rasmussen goals.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
He will be the next Anders Lee and scores 40 goals per season from net-front. Who gives a **** about assists? Mantha and Larkin will collect them for future Rasmussen goals.
Go easy. Kindl and Smith were also fantastic prospects once.

Don't misunderstand me; Rasmussen is off to a better start this season than I expected, and I think he will probably be a good NHL player. But Tri City is a long long way from the real deal.

Reactions: 21 Savage

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON

Don't misunderstand me; Rasmussen is off to a better start this season than I expected, and I think he will probably be a good NHL player. But Tri City is a long long way from the real deal.

Rasmussen is a nobody to me until i see him start putting up NHL numbers. Agreed.

However it is nice to hope that he does well this year, even though that will NOt indicate if he will be a good NHLer one day (no matter if he does poorly this year, or well this year)

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl

And defensemen. Apples and oranges.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
And defensemen. Apples and oranges.
Not really. Prospects at any position can flame out. If you really need an example as specific as a forward drafted by Detroit, though, look up Curtis Bowen or Kory Kocur. Both first rounders that didn't even get a cup of coffee in the NHL.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Not really. Prospects at any position can flame out. If you really need an example as specific as a forward drafted by Detroit, though, look up Curtis Bowen or Kory Kocur. Both first rounders that didn't even get a cup of coffee in the NHL.

Defenseman are much harder to project, it's pretty proven for the most part. It's why they rarely go #1.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl

I don't really want to go back to 1988 to look up some retired scout's drafted post- "Dead Wings Era", when Larkin and Mantha are two of the most recent examples found in the 1st round that are currently on the roster.

As Frk It said, defenseman are completely different animals to draft.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I don't really want to go back to 1988 to look up some retired scout drafted post- "Dead Wings Era", when Larkin and Mantha are two of the most recent examples found in the 1st round that are currently on the roster.

As Frk It said, defenseman are completely different animals to draft.
You're hung up on semantics.

Yes, defensemen bust more often. No argument there. But forwards aren't a guarantee, either.

I just looked back at the last several drafts, for any forwards taken at 8-10 overall (since this is in reference to Rasmussen at 9).

I'd say that 4 of the 9 players taken were definitely worth the investment. A couple more have been ok, but not top 10 material, and a couple have been outright busts.

Again, Ras is doing very well for where he's at. But WHL production - even for forwards - doesn't mean a guy's seat is already reserved for good NHL production. If it did, then nearly every forward ever taken at the top of the draft would go on to have a fine career.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
just for $hits and giggles jkutswings, out of those outright busts, how well did they do in college/minors ?
Good question, and worth looking up, but I'd be surprised if their stats were significantly lower (at least in North American leagues), considering that the 2017 class was considered relatively weak.

I'll have to follow up.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
I'm loving this pick as time goes, he's gonna be hard to play against.

i like him as well. If svechnikov ever puts it together again and becomes a solid NHL player, we might become a pretty tough team to play against (the forwards at least). But lets wait and see before pipedreaming...

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
You must have not watched any FSND games from 2000-2008, otherwise you'd know even Kirk Maltby was a 50 goal scorer in juniors.

I don't think Ras will bust, and have grown to like the pick, but more "sure thing" prospects have busted

What does a "sure thing" prospect look like? I haven't seen one drafted by Detroit yet.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
What does a "sure thing" prospect look like? I haven't seen one drafted by Detroit yet.
Malkin, Crosby, Kane, McDavid, Matthews, etc. Guys that are a slam dunk to break into the NHL and immediately be very productive.

The ones that Detroit isn't interested in finishing low enough to have access to.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad