What happened to Michael Rasmussen ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
He played well. He's definitley not going to be a star in the league, he will be a decent NHL player. Hate to make predictions this early in a career of a player tho.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
A Tri City scout seemed to think he would start NHL next year

Yeah. There's absolutely no more reason to keep Rasmussen at juniors, time to learn the pro game. And he is a big guy who can handle easiest matchups in NHL against men. NHL can be his seasoning against men, he doesn't have to see AHL for those things.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Yeah. There's absolutely no more reason to keep Rasmussen at juniors, time to learn the pro game. And he is a big guy who can handle easiest matchups in NHL against men. NHL can be his seasoning against men, he doesn't have to see AHL for those things.
Just so he has a new coach for his debut. I've seen more than enough of how Blashill gives kids all of 30 seconds before messing with their lines and assignments.

I think Ras will have a harder time adjusting than some others believe, but the current coach likely wouldn't be doing him any favors in that department.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Just so he has a new coach for his debut. I've seen more than enough of how Blashill gives kids all of 30 seconds before messing with their lines and assignments.

I think Ras will have a harder time adjusting than some others believe, but the current coach likely wouldn't be doing him any favors in that department.

It's a process. Lol

PLEASE hockey gods do not let Trash coach this kid

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida

The fact that there has been ZERO mention of Extension talks with Blash make me think we won’t have to worry about that.

As for him making the Jump, anyone thinks he gets a game or two callup post trade deadline?

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
A Tri City scout seemed to think he would start NHL next year

That wouldnt be horrible. I mean, the overripe BS hasnt really worked out all that great. I think it wasted at least one good season of Nyquist and Mantha still has had his growing pains. Might as well let these kids learn young against NHLers instead of making them adjust to different pro leagues more than once.

You know who didnt get overripened? Dylan Larkin, and hes a stud now. If Rasmussen has anything close to a preseason like he did last year, he should at least start with the wings and get a 9 game tryout. Then make a decision if he stays or not from there. They could even do the 40 game thing worst case. He plays the first half of the season, the wings want him to go down so they send him to the world juniors and back to tri city from there

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
These are his stats in each of the 5 games since returning from injury

1g 1g 2p

2g 0a 2p

2g 0a 2p

2g 0a 2p

0g 3a 3p

rhef3

Jul 28, 2016
Just outside St.louis
Knowing what we know thus far, do you think wings management made the right decision in rasmussen as their selection.
vilardi - back injury, hasn't played this season
tippet - he is on the panthers roster but stats doesn't look good 7 gp /1 goal/ -7
necas - back to czech league 12gp 3g 2a

just curious because i know the board was fairly disappointed with the pick at first.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Knowing what we know thus far, do you think wings management made the right decision in rasmussen as their selection.
vilardi - back injury, hasn't played this season
tippet - he is on the panthers roster but stats doesn't look good 7 gp /1 goal/ -7
necas - back to czech league 12gp 3g 2a

just curious because i know the board was fairly disappointed with the pick at first.
It's tough to say. Comparing guys in different leagues is impossible. I love the season Ras is having, but it's a very small sample size, with unique circumstances for each of those players.

I'd expect him to do well in the WHL, and I'm not surprised at others struggling to start their NHL careers. But so far, so good (for Ras) is about all I can take out of it.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
11 points in 5 games what a bum
It's good production, but let's not lose our heads here or anything. The WHL is a crazy high-scoring league this year. This is not the same as 11 points in 5 games in the NHL. The league leader in points, Heponiemi, has a higher PPG for the entire year than Rasmussen does in those 5 games: 2.45 points per game. The WHL right now is like the QMJHL of old. Scoring a point per game puts you at about 50th in scoring. Even after those excellent 5 games, Rasmussen is still 17th in PPG.

Last edited:

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
I theorize

Vilardi was the safe pick.
they decided last minute to go for what they thought would be a bigger payoff / bigger bust possibility
which was Rasmussen.

I know many of you think Rasmussen was the "safe" pick because he is big. But the real truth is he is the risky pick.
Maybe Rasmussen only looked good at age 18 because he is so big. I mean we will be able to second guess this alot for the next 5 years... enjoy :P LOL

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I theorize

Vilardi was the safe pick.
they decided last minute to go for what they thought would be a bigger payoff / bigger bust possibility
which was Rasmussen.

I know many of you think Rasmussen was the "safe" pick because he is big. But the real truth is he is the risky pick.
Maybe Rasmussen only looked good at age 18 because he is so big. I mean we will be able to second guess this alot for the next 5 years... enjoy :P LOL

He's safe because he could make the NHL right now as a bottom 6 player. So if your idea of a successful draft is to get a player into the league and have them play at least 100 game than he's a lock. If by who is more likely to put up big numbers if they both make the NHL?Than yes he's much riskier.

Reactions: Winger98
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad