What forward gets the call if someone gets hurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
who is the next forward to get the call? who would you have picked to be already on the team and for who?

Gretz said Nash is next to get a call and I agree 100%. I would have him on my original team and keep off Gagne (even though he did well with Iggy and Sakic) or Doan or Maltby. i'm not sure who but one of those guys have Nash's spot. He scored 41 goals in todays NHL which is like 70 goals in 1991 when Brett scored 85 I think all at the young age of 19 on a really crappy team.

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
Who is chosen depends entirely on who gets injured. If it's Maltby, Draper, Morrow, Smyth, etc., I'd take Primeau. If it was St. Louis, Richards, or Gagne type, I'd take Tanguay or Kariya. Iginla, Thornton, or Heatley, I'd take Bertuzzi.

I would definatly not take Nash. While he is undoubtedly one of (if not the) most effective players in front of the net, his game still has plenty of holes in it (due much to the fact that he is only 19) to be on Team Canada.

I seem to remember Gretz saying a few months ago (way before Eye-zerman dropped out) that Bertuzzi was next in line if someone were to get injured. What ever happened to that? I'm guessing they tried to run it through the NHL but the league wouldn't allow it.

ehc73

Jan 18, 2003
Coquitlam, BC
Visit site
fisher said:
Who is chosen depends entirely on who gets injured. If it's Maltby, Draper, Morrow, Smyth, etc., I'd take Primeau. If it was St. Louis, Richards, or Gagne type, I'd take Tanguay or Kariya. Iginla, Thornton, or Heatley, I'd take Bertuzzi.

I would definatly not take Nash. While he is undoubtedly one of (if not the) most effective players in front of the net, his game still has plenty of holes in it (due much to the fact that he is only 19) to be on Team Canada.

I seem to remember Gretz saying a few months ago (way before Eye-zerman dropped out) that Bertuzzi was next in line if someone were to get injured. What ever happened to that? I'm guessing they tried to run it through the NHL but the league wouldn't allow it.

While I agree with your points, Bertuzzi won't be considered as long as Bettman hasn't re-instated him yet. That's one of the big reasons why he wasn't on the team in the first place.
Primeau won't be called on as he is still recovering from a concussion suffered in the playoffs. Otherwise he would've gotten the call over Lecavalier when Yzerman went out.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
kariya should be there to start with. then nash, then sullivan if it were to come to that. i cant see them taking bertuzzi for any reason this time around

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
fisher said:
Who is chosen depends entirely on who gets injured. If it's Maltby, Draper, Morrow, Smyth, etc., I'd take Primeau.

Primeau has already said he will not play for Team Canada. He said this this year and in the past, I'm not 100% sure why it was, but I think it has something to do with the 98 Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->