What Fantasy Resources would you like HF to Provide?

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
If HF were to launch a page devoted to fantasy hockey what would you like to see on it? Mainly we're interested in what kind of information you look for and the best way to present it.

I would like to see stats from the games last night or earlier today. It would be awesome if we could put or rosters on and you could get the point or even if you guys ran your own league:amazed:!

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Line combinations and goalie start confirmations are very useful.

Ranking the players in terms of strait fantasy production

I am wondering can you split out the fantasy threads completely from the NHL 12 etc.. threads? I would like to participate in fantasy discussion but there are so many NHL video game posts its difficult to sift through.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Any thoughts? Like I was saying I would participate in fantasy dialog but when I check this page there are usually only 4-5 posts on the front page that are fantasy related, some posts you can't tell if its fantasy or console gaming that is being discussed. I don't think the 2 topics are compatible and more of a game community than fantasy appears to have sprung up. I am willing to bet that fantasy discussion would grow if it wasn't trickled into a very active gaming community's page. :help:

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Staff Rankings:
Have HFB staff (maybe half dozen guys, whatever) come up with an average ranking for fantasy drafts. Top 25 Players at every position (including LW/RW breakdown) going into the season, considering hits and blocks as well as the usual stats, and not considering salary (i.e. not assuming leagues have a cap).

stevens8204

Fantasy Hockey Should Have Its Own Area

It is really simple...the fantasy hockey fans do not want to be clumped in with the gaming part of the forum...why not let it grow. When I started writing about fantasy hockey a decade ago, people laughed. While other fantasy sports have ballooned, fantasy hockey has sputtered a bit because of forums having a reluctance to give it the space to let it grow. Look at Dobberhockey and think of the potential. It is there if you let it happen.

I am waiting on a few things to happen and then maybe this place can get hopping a bit. Hopefully.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
During the draft a top 100 of most point producing players in the previous seasons. At least the last year, but 2 or more would be cool.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
There isn't much you can't find elsewhere to be honest. Unless you have a few guys dedicated to writing weekly columns and up to date player information like starters, injuries, trades, scratching etc all in one place I don't see much of a need for it.

One thing HF could do most other places cannot is possibly submit a yearly draft list of prospects who are likely to crack the NHL that year and could make an immediate impact. You could call it the "sleeper pick" list with guys to watch as late round drafts or waiver wire pick-ups down the road. Have all the resident team HF writers submit a 2-3 (if applicable) list maybe after training camp/ pre-season.

You could possibly desiginate a few active fantasy posters as official HF representatives who can answer questions from other posters and give fantasy advice with authority so people looking for advice would feel confident in the information they are getting.

AnomX

Oct 25, 2013
Trade calculator which gives a rating based on player performance, salary, length of contract. Probability off success of team(User's fantasy team as well as NHL Team of said player) now and in the future.

Otherwise, everything else is available somewhere else. I don't believe there is something out there that has used all of these tools together. I would imagine this would be a pretty sophisticated process with some tight algorithms.

Even so it would only be as good as the person evaluating each aspect (team future performance, prospect probability of success), the resources are out there though.

Okay my brain hurts now. Make it happen lol.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
It would be cool/interesting if you picked 10-15 members, and had them give you their 'weekly' projections. I think doing this Daily is too much honestly, but if you get a few solid members to each say 3 stars for the upcoming week and give a brief description WHY, then that could potentially be a good read.

Devils Army

Rebuild Over.
Feb 3, 2014
New Jersey
Maybe you could do a Daily Fantasy section based on Fanduel and Draftkings, where you give suggestions and give updates on players being called up, sent down, injured, etc.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Starting goaltenders, line combos, and team-by-team injury/roster updates would be great.

Also, if you have people producing content/rankings, have the rankings adjustable based on weightings of different stats in different leagues. Lots of people post stat projections, but few of them can be tailored for individual league settings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad