What fans will do when a new CBA is done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Gut instinct?

I'm probably going to get really really drunk, then make a hackneyed attempt at hitting my wife up for some celebrationary 'cuddling'. She'll push me away in disgust, I'll fall face down on the bed and promptly pass out. And that's if everything falls into place.

YMMV ;)

Lanny MacDonald*

Where's the option, "Pro-Owner: Let bygones be bygones I’ll go to games and cheer-on my team."???

That's my vote.

Tiki

Mar 1, 2002
Goo Lagoon
Visit site
habfan4 said:
Best of luck with that. The moment the CBA is ratified this place will tank faster than the Bruins come playoff time. ;)

Sounds like another vote for taking down the Habs board to help things keep moving smoothly. ;)

Renholder

Racing like a pro
Jun 24, 2005
montreal
I can't vote, I'm neither pro owner or pro player. Somewhere in the middle. I will also go back watching hockey. I was too poor to attend hockey games in person and That situation will likely continue to happen now. Good ol tv is my only friend. :yo:

I hate my life.

Hatter

Microagression King
Jul 9, 2004
Northern Idaho
I'll tell you what I am going to do. I am going to get the f*** out of this Business of Hockey board and back into the NHL board and trade rumors board and Kings board!!! :handclap: of course god only knows when that will happen :shakehead

Brewleaguer

Jan 31, 2005
The Iconoclast said:
Where's the option, "Pro-Owner: Let bygones be bygones I’ll go to games and cheer-on my team."???

That's my vote.
Pro-Owner: Let bygones be bygones I’ll go to games and cheer-on the players/team.....same differance

Brewleaguer

Jan 31, 2005
Boltsfan2029 said:
Can't vote, there's no "pro-hockey, I'll be going to every game & cheering on my team" choice.
Well one would think "Let bygones be bygones I’ll go to games and cheer-on the players." would be the appropriate choice.

Brewleaguer

Jan 31, 2005
HockeyCritter said:
Can one be neither pro-player or pro-owner, but rather, pro-sport?

Point of the poll is to get as close to what you would do, even if it seems to till to one side or the other.

Just trying to see how much damage really has been done. So far looks as if fans will move on and leave behind the bitter divide.

IceDragoon

Jun 25, 2003
South of Sanity
Visit site
Digger12 said:
Gut instinct?

I'm probably going to get really really drunk, then make a hackneyed attempt at hitting my wife up for some celebrationary 'cuddling'. She'll push me away in disgust, I'll fall face down on the bed and promptly pass out. And that's if everything falls into place.

YMMV ;)
:biglaugh:
"... What a coincidence..."

btw - what's "YMMV"?

ATLANTARANGER*

You should add another choice, which is what I would've chosen

I will mourn the passing of a great game. Gone forever will be the NHL that I grew up with and loved. It will be replaced by a combination of the other major american sports, MLB, NFL & NBA. Bettman will have achieved the unthinkable, he will have taken a sport that was steeped in traditions and had a mystical aura to it, one that was unspoiled like the other major sports. Other than the size of the goals (as of today at least) I don't know if I will recognize what has happened to the game I fell in love with. It has nowhere near the speed or excitment it once had as they try to change the very fabric of the game to make it appealing to a segement of american society that has no real interest in the sport, no matter how gentler and kinder they make hockey, it is not going to draw the crowd they think they can. Hockey for me has become so SSSSLLLLLOOOOOWWWWWW that I find soccer faster and more appealing. For me they have taken the passion out of the game and this particular fan.

cjbhab*

I think fans will forget about owners/players and just get back to watching the game they love and cheering for their favourite teams, the CBA thing is nearly over and when it is, it will be forgotten, and the game of hockey will be focused on, not the owners or players. the owners and players are insignificant at this point and are not bigger than the game itself.

GSC2k2*

I voted for the last one. I will go to games for which I am comped and enjoy myself, as I do wherever I am. However, I continue to hold the view that unions have no place in professional sports in this day and age. As for those who would suggest it is needed to get around anti-trust laws, I also hold the view that anti-trust laws were not designed to protect professional athletes playing in a league which effectively constitutes a joint venture.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
I'm going to go back to laughing at people posting trade rumours from Leafs Lunch and the Fourth Period, rather than laughing at people posting CBA rumours from Leafs Lunch and Eklund.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
Brewleaguer said:
Curious how both sides of this lockout will feel after a new CBA comes to pass
Out of the choices I went Prp PA. I will be going back for sure but I think there is plenty of balme for both sides.

Master Shake*

The Iconoclast said:

That's my vote.

Yeah mine too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->