What does the average Oiler fan actually think?

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Since I'm not at the games, and haven't been in a good many years, I can't really say what the average Oiler fan is thinking. But, I would think that many are not of the same mindset as those on HFOil and other discussion boards, or who comment where they can on stories and videos. Those that do are more of the type that want to vent a spleen rather than get into a rational discussion. Keyboard warriors, to put it short. Most others don't care for the online drama and enjoy the Oil as part of the experience and not as a defining point in their lives.
I'm not in Alberta, so don't see the "local" Oiler fans much of the time. I think the people on here every day are obviously a bit more tied to the game and it forms a bigger part of their lives. So when things go wrong it is more personal, esp when there is distrust with the lead people. For those following more from a distance, it is more just entertainment - win or lose. A lot of the crap gets attributed to "bad luck".

I would think though that anyone selling out thousands for season tickets is invested enough to really let their emotions get involved in years like this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad