Value of: What does Bertuzzi do as a Free Agent?

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I wouldn't mind Detroit circling back on him and letting Perron go... But I don't think Detroit's gonna do that.

Reactions: lilidk

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
He will follow the money and go to the highest bidder that offers most years. I would imagine he will wanna find a place to set up shop for multiple years

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Nice little player. Often looks awkward on his skates and there’s something missing overall. I like the jam he brings, when it’s there of course.

Costs are up everywhere. He will go wherever he gets paid, and while I wouldn’t mind him back in Boston I don’t think they’ll be able afford him.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I honestly dont see how the guy is worth $5m.

He had 43 points playing on a line with Matthews for most of the season.

Highest scorer for the Bruins in the playoffs last year. Highest for Toronto this year, which isn't saying much considering he tied with 4 points in 7 games.

That said, he's bred for playoff hockey.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
I thought he was a little better as to making plays but he is limited there. I think he brings some jam but his injury history is not something I overlook here. Really he is not on my list of must haves here.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Sure, give him 5x5 if you're the Leafs but then fans shouldn't complain when they don't have legit goaltending once again cause there is no money.
11M in JT off the books next year
11M in Marner off the books next year (lots of chatter about potential trade)
Brodies 5M off the books this year
Samsonov 3.5m off the books this year

I think we'll be ok. Plus cap rising as well. This team isn't going to be a contender next year either, plan should be to add to the core this season, hopefully take a step forward in the playoffs next year. And when those 22M come off the books, you properly re-tool and open the cup contending window.

It sucks but it's the reality of the situation we're in, we won't be competing until those awful contracts expire.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I have to imagine he takes a long-term contract somewhere and a fair amount of teams would be interested.

I'd be interested in him with the Habs.
I wouldn't.
He's a middle 6 player about to get overpaid.
He's slow and even tho he's a gamer, I don't really like the way he battles.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Leafs need to find a way to resign him, Bertuzzi is a heart and soul player who's game is suited for the playoffs. Leafs need more Knies and Bertuzzi's and less Marners.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Bert is that one type of personality, who wouldn’t hold Winnipeg against the Jets when it comes to signing a termed deal there.

So here’s to the Jets landing Bertuzzi come July 1.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Giving him 5x5 is the exact type of contract Leafs gave out for years before Dubas that resulted in having cores like LACK and the Muskoka 5. We can't do it.

Would take him back with less term or AAV

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
One of the weirdest play styles in the league, really can’t think of a comparable, guy plays the way Corey Perry looks. If he gets term from someone it’s a coin flip on whether he falls of a cliff like all the premiere UFA grinders in the mid 2010s or something clicks and he figures out how to direct his crackhead energy into consistently productive directions.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
He wont be back with Toronto, they gave him one year knowing he would pull a Schenn and follow the long term contract. I doubt he even gets an offer from us for 1 year at $5M. He is gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad